150w hps?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eShock, Jan 20, 2009.

1. I've seen 400W, im sure there is 150w, i know i saw it somewhere, is that low of a wattage for 2 plants good enough? can i use the same bulb for veg and flower or would i need a different kind of bulb, on a budget and i dont really want to use CFLs because ill have to constantly move and move them...

also, do carbon filter/scrubbers work that well to kill the smell?

2. yeah you probably want 200w for two plants but it'll be chill just make sure you keep it cooled well so you can keep your babies close to it and yeah anything with activated carbon will kill smell

3. 200w then... will this do much to the electric bill.... how many intake and exhaust fans would be needed... how big of a box.... same light for flower/veg? and how close should a 200w hps be from them?

4. well as a little project aside from my actual grow room i built a box to put in my living room with a 100w hps the way i set it up is i took a bathroom fan and put it right next to the light drawing air out of the box and one u bend pvc pipe in the bottom opposite corner i could touch the light if it wouldn't shatter from the oil on my finger and i just stack things under my plant so its super close then lower it as it grows.. at first its like 4 inches from the light and i use it all the way veg through flower

5. and no your coffee maker will do more to the electric bill

6. heh, I always think of wattage in terms of typical incandescent lights.

As in, how many 100w bulbs that we ALL grew up using to light our houses, would this be? the answer, not that many.

if you were to switch all your HOUSEHOLD lights to 14w cfl, youd save enough energy to run 600w easily without a blip on the bill.