150w hps too hot???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by everblazing, Mar 24, 2004.

1. I am thinking of starting a "garden" in a 18"x30"x4' box. There should be about 3 plants in it at flowering and I was wondering if a 150w hps light would be overkill for 3 plants. Should I go for a 70w and worry less about heat or would the 150w be the best option?
    Thanks
    Matt

2. Hi All...

Well I think the light is ok, denfinatly not an overkill. Im growing two plants and use a 400watt hps 45K lumers and 3 * 40watt fluros, i come to the conclusion that light is good but heat/temp can become a problem if your ventalation is not really good.

Good luck....

3. Heat will be a problem anyway. You need to put the lights close to the plants and the HPS is very hot. You'll definitely need a fan in there or your temps will quickly get up to 40 C and your babies will wilt.

Good luck on your grow - may you be blessed with females.

4. recently recieved my 400 watt hps and after the first day of 18/6 plants beagn to wilt at about 16 hours. i got a 12' oscilating right on the light. i dont know what to do, temporarily im leavin the closet open because im a stay at home squatter but i seriously need to conquer this issue, and i would hope this is the last issue. if its not one thing its another.lol i have four plants hoping for 2 females