150w HPS flower / 157w CFL veg Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ALLBLINE, May 5, 2012.

1. #1 ALLBLINE, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
    Howzit going this is my grow, i just redid my closet with a 150w HPS and made a flower chamber on the top and a veg chamber on the bottom. I will be trying to veg one plant at a time plus maybe learn to clone, and flower one plant at a time under the HPS.

Setup:
    Flower- 150w HPS, small fan, exhaust fan with vent, total lumens: 16,500
    Veg--- 5 23w CFL's daylight, 1 42w CFL softwhite, oscillating fan, total lumens: 12,000+
    Growing medium: Coco coir

I just picked up a square fan from walmart and made a vent out of cardboard and put it all together. heres some pics.

the bigger plant got flipped to 12/12 yesterday 5/4/12

this was the setup before i redid it
    [​IMG]

this is after
    [​IMG]

still need to make legit intake vents
    [​IMG]

veg chamber
    [​IMG]

flower chamber
    [​IMG]

vent i made, you can see it installed in the other pics on the top
    [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

left is day 8 flower
    right is day 1 flower

3. looks good man, are you using a cool tube? i'd be interested to see things compare. what strain are you using?

4. Nice closet, and I like the DIY stuff too. What's that black and white plastic material called? I've been using a doubled up heavy duty garbage bag for mine, would be nice if the inside was reflective. Thanks and good luck.

5. [quote name='"Mattste"']looks good man, are you using a cool tube? i'd be interested to see things compare. what strain are you using?[/quote]

im using a 150w hps with a built in ballast, its been modified with a piece of plexiglass under the bulb to contain the heat. and it actually has vents on the side where i connected the ducting, i pried them open for more airflow and connected a radioshack computer fan pulling mounted outside the box

6. [quote name='"Budderball"']Nice closet, and I like the DIY stuff too. What's that black and white plastic material called? I've been using a doubled up heavy duty garbage bag for mine, would be nice if the inside was reflective. Thanks and good luck.[/quote]

its called panda film or panda paper i think. from the local hydroponic shop, very cheap per foot

not sure what strains. the big one is a clone from my friend and the other is a random bagseed

7. Any updates?