150w hps enough?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DankimusMaximus, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Is a 150w hps light enough for 1 plant? about 2 feet tall?

Your advice is appreciated.

2. that is plenty for 1 plant up to i think 3-4 foot if lst and fimmed

3. Thank you :metal:

4. Like linux said, I would seriously consider the LST method, you'd be surprised what a 150w light can pull out of a plant .

5. Yes rule of thumb is 80w per sq/ft

6. Ive heard of LST but i do not know much about it.
    whats a good material to use?

7. go for it, lst her or srog her and she'll give a nice yield.

the rule of thumb is 100w and 10,000 lumens per plant for maximum growth and yield. But the more the better.

8. you can use small rope to tie the plant down

9. all you need is garden stakes, and something to tie the stem of the plant to the stake.

10. Lets not try to contradict knowledge, in order to get a 1g per watt ratio you'll need 80w per sq.ft, that's optimum efficiency.

11. I grow four small ~1.5 foot LST'd plants under a 150 with 170w of supplementary cfl's and get some pretty damn nice buds.

But yeah do the math. I always heard 50w/sf but 80 would be better I guess.

12. ok, so why not use the 20w more and get 20 more grams, which in the end gives you 200.00 worth of more weed( where I live )?

EXACTLY:cool:

13. #13 VS1trichome, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
    Exactly 'YoSmokinMan', you figure the size of a pot, 2-4sq ft depending on the gal. and if you go by plants instead of sq.ft in your grow room you're going to sell yourself short.
    To ROLLIEBLUNT's post, a pot takes up about 4sqft, think about it as tile, dont 1/4th a proven ratio into b/s to make yourself look smart.

14. Another question, can i LST a plant after it is already like 1.5 feet tall?
    because i'm planning to have a buddy veg a plant for me and then i put it into flowering.

any suggestions?