150 watts cfls

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toker8792, Mar 16, 2010.

1. ok so i went out and out 150 watts of cfl's, so how manny plants do you think i can grow? im trying to keep them short so im going to do 24/0 for like a week or 2 and then go to 12/12

2. Im growing 9 plants under less than 150w of cfls, there like 2 almost 3 weeks, and they look very nice, check them out in my grow journal in signature, im gonna be flowering a couple soon, what kind of 150w lights, is it just one light, more info will help me help you.

3. i have 2 42 wats and 2 30 wats and im pretty sure i also have a couple 26 watts somewhere

4. Those 42 watt CFLs are good units. You can grow a plant to maturity under the right conditions with one 42 watt CFL (in a small space with white walls). The 30 watt units are ok (will grow but not max yield), but better used as supplemental light. Anything less than that is hard to work with and only really good as supplemental light, even with 1 or 2 plants.

To get good end results, I would go with 2 plants. Point the 42 watt units above the plants and use a few others as supplemental light, as evenly spaced as possible. With CFLs, you'll also want to be able to move the lights. Closer for Veg state, and gradually farther away with Bloom. The most important part other than the actual lights, is the actual grow space. Ventilation, wall color, space, etc.