150 watt hps bulb,

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TokenHerbz, Mar 3, 2007.

1. I am going to buy a bulb and/or ballast if i have to . I was wondering if i could just plug a 150 watt hps bulb with a standard size(like a regular bulb) socket into a medium size socket(which is a standard size bulb inlet) or do i have to buy a ballast. people tell me that i can plug it into a regular bulb inlet, but other ppl tell me that i have to buy a ballast. i just want a professional opinion to make it clear for me.\
    Thanx 4 the help
    Tokenherbz

2. All HPS bulbs need a balast wether they are a medium base or mogul. dont buy a 150 unless you are seriously limited in height in your grow room a 150 will only do 1 or 2 plants a 400 will get you way better yeild with denser buds if you are only doing 1 or 2 plants.

3. if thats all u wanna use then put some cfls in there with it

4. yeah, you have to have an hps fixture for an hps bulb and the proper ballast. I agree with going with at least a 400 though. I wouldn't use a 150 for more than 1 plant, you'll get much nicer buds with more light as well. peace

5. ^^ unless heat is an issue, like those dudes said go with 400w. even a 250w hps with side lighting (cfl's) will work great. shit, even the 150w hps with enough supplemental lighting will work good. it all comes down to how you manage your available lumens. i've seen 250w grows come out better then 600w hortilux grows.