$150 to spend on a bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dakid91, Jul 14, 2012.

1. I usually smoke joints and I am looking to purchase my first bong. I am in college so I dont want one that is too big which would make it hard to conceal (14-16in). Which would be a good quality bong out there for around $150?

2. Honestly, I'd look for something like a 100ml - 250ml Ehle. Any good, STURDY tube (stay away from beakers or multi perc stuff), should do the job. If you want perc, you can add on a nice a/c for personal use.

But, a good sturdy tube, should handle some handling abuse, if sharing with friends. Also, you can pick up a very HQ one, for less than $150.

Edit: you say, 14-16". Then check out 250-500ml tubes. US Tubes, PHx, Ehle, etc... even Black Leaf and Weed Star make sturdy as @#$% tubes.

3. well youll prob be looking at a straight tube than, and I really like SYN, you can get a small for like 120, or you can check out like HVY and MGW who make bigger straight tubes for around that price,check out sites like A L T

4. Do you guys think it's easier for a beaker or straight to get knocked over? Im lookin at a straight tube myself at the moment but im not sure how easy it will be for someone to come home from the bar and knock it over compared to a beaker tube?

5. Straight tube is waaay easier, a beaker is a lot heavier and has a wider base so obviously harder to knock down.

6. Depends if you've added attachments and width of the base. Flatter is also better. Tubes typically have flatter bases. Just have to shop around. Though, your own personal preference beaker or tube, will win out in the end.

7. #7 redechelon, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2012
    I prefer straight tubes. It's a faster clear, and I know the glass thickness is the same all the way down. The base is just as wide as a beaker anyways. The beaker will be heavier though, just because of the amount of water the chamber can hold, not so much because of glass thickness.

I would go with a SYN, HVY, or MGW straight, just like ssyynn suggested. You could also get a tube and buy an Alex K downstem for it, and still be at $150-170. SSFG was just mentioned in another thread, that's a nice choice also. Nice travel tubes.

8. HVY is offering very cute and nice bongs in reasonable prices. Also you are student so you have to keep in mind lot of things so just go for them... its perfect for you..

9. Thanks guys. I took a look at some of these pieces and saw that many of them did not come with many attachments that I usually see on bongs. How important is a showerhead and all those other attachments?

10. Yep, just a straight tube.. and a diffused downstem.

How important are they?
    Multiple chambers and percolators provide you with more diffusion for smoother hits. It's a dilemma you're going to have to choose for yourself. Personally, I'd prefer a simple, quality tube over something cheap with bells and whistles. You can always add an ash catcher in the future, or a better downstem like I suggested before.

11. You can get a nice "showerhead" downstem, or ANY kind of perc downstem, really. I've bought a real nice 6 slit showerhead off a guy in Oregon, off ioffer, plus there's a ton of options available on Grass City. If you want to add further percolation, at a later date... your options are close to endless.

12. Nothing against EHLE, but a HVY 12" is the same price, yet it has 5mm glass, not 3mm.. and it has a diffused downstem.

13. I got a Black Leaf Nautilus Inline and matching diffu-cooler that looked sexy together for about exactly that.

14. never heard of HVY to be honest.

15. #16 BigDaddyVapor, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    HVY is a great HQ brand. Plus, as it implies, you could knock the @#$% out of someone with it, then smoke a bowl... its that sturdy.

The guy that was at HVY started up another class company, I have one of their pieces... 10" MiO (Made in Oregon) Micro tube.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Never seen... Thx BDVapor. It's even got the glass impression like HVY. Downstem looks quality.

17. That looks great, it reminds me of a vase.

18. Yeah, its a nice downstem... but I replaced it with my showerhead, I bought off ioffer. Make no mistake, the OEM stem fires like a dream I just wanted it a bit longer, for increased vapor volume and to utilize more of the bell reservoir on perc.

Its an awesome vapor piece. Combustion... I'd pass, except for a travel piece.

This is how I have it set up now and its purpose.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]