150 hps/grow tent ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ani420Auto, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Hi my fellow grasscity members.
    I will be doing my frist autogrow attempt i will have a 150 watt hps.
    I just need help with a grow tent !! What size well do ?
    Ill be growing 1-3 autogrows

2. Each plant needs 2x2 feet IMO

• Like Like x 1
  3. So a 32x32 well be cool right

4. A 150w HPS will cover an area of about 18"x18" (around 3 square foot). At a push maybe 24"x24" (4 square foot)

5. Ok cool next question 150 watt hps or a 150watt l.e.d

6. As long as the LED actually uses 150 watts then the yield will be quite comparable. The MarsHydro300 uses about that and will be cheaper to buy than a 150w HPS so I'd be inclined to buy the LED.

If you're looking at an LED which has 150w in the title, then check how much it actually uses because it will probably use around 70 watts and won't be anywhere near as good as a 150w HPS

• Like Like x 1
  7. I was just looking at the mars hydro !! Says 300w but really pushes 180

8. I have the MarsHydro300, it's a great light. Significantly more light than the cheap chinese cob arrays, even the ones that pull twice the power. I'd be cautious buying it from an unofficial source though - they are often knock offs. MarsHydro is good because they use quality (read: brand name) LEDs. I've seen several on eBay that were super cheap imitations. They put out so little light that you could literally point it at your eyes. I got mine from Amazon, but their website is good too. I'm thinking of going for their cree 256 pro series or perhaps 4 MarsHydro600s for flowering.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The one i posted says 100% mars hydro product. Does it look like a fake

10. It's hard to tell, honestly. MarsHydro uses a sticker on a mass produced LED housing. It looks the same as mine (bought directly from MarsHydro), but I'm sure that sticker has to be easy to reproduce. It does look exactly the same though. I'm just distrustful of many eBay sellers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can you give me the Direct Link to the mars hydro 300

• Like Like x 1
  12. They have an official store on Amazon. I'd go there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. That one states that it uses 135-140 watts. Mine uses 150 watts. There is a little variation. I think the newer ones use slightly fewer watts than the older ones

• Like Like x 1
  14. Buy them directly from @smokesara and you won't have to worry about fakes. They have the best customer service I have ever experienced

15. Yes, now the true watts of mars 300 is about 130w.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi Ani
    If you interested in the Mars 300, I can give you the email address of my colleague who is the sale rep of eBay, or you can pm me your email address and I will ask our colleague send email to you, so this can make sure that you buy the real mars hydro light.

17. Hi pudgyganja,
    Thank you for your love and support

• Like Like x 1
  18. Is that to lengthen the life of the diodes?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yes, it will lengthen the lifespan of the diodes.

• Like Like x 1