$$$150-200$$$$Need help on what lightings stump to buy?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sneaky-Beaver, Apr 6, 2017.

1. hey guys I'm currently at a lost.. I don't know what type of lighting setup to grow in my closet with...I really only want to spend around 150-200 bucks tops...id like to grow up to 3-4 plants @ a time... An tips to what system to get?

2. You can get a pretty descent led for that...prob would work great.
    .you aint going pro with 150 bucs so i wouldnt over think it

3. But your dreaming if you think for 200 bucks you are going to continuously grow clones and flower and have an endless amount of pot. If 200$ is all you have to spend and you think that's going to be the case you are crazy. If you plan on growing so you never have to buy again. Be prepared to spend the amount you would have spent on weed in the next year except you will be spending it on equipment and supplies. Maybe next year you'll be saving money. But you certainly won't be saving money the first year if you take it serious and try to hit good yields

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/perpetual-closet-grow.1434897/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I agree just starting off take a look at the Mars. They are apart of these forums and I think offer discounts as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Appreciate all the tips guys.. But I am looking to start to continuously grow an flower year round for my personal use so I don't have to buy ever again... I would spend more if really needed.. You think the two Mars 300 will do the trick?

6. This all depends on your needs and wallet size. I suggested Mars because they have a lot of proven logs that any one can read on here and most of their stuff is a two year warrenty. Now if you have time to learn and make your own, DYI is 100% the way to go. But this means you need to learn about it (look for growmau5, guy is amazing).

But 200$ budget isn't going to get you very far. You can spend that on a 600 watt HPS if that fits your needs. But to go long term and step up you need to really look at all the options and pick whats best suited for your needs. But your dollar decides how far you want to take it.

7. I think the 2 Mars will be a good starting point. But I think if you want to grow and continually flower then you'll need the 2 Mars light. A small t5 for clones. And a veg light. Perhaps get another set of 2 300s from Mars and put one above vegging plants. 3 above flowering plants. A t5 above your clones. A carbon filter. And invest in 2 tents. Save your money up. You'll need about 700$ for a full perpetual set up.

Then you will need nutrients which will run you around 50$ for a halfway decent lineup of the most important shit.

Save 750$ and then let us know when your ready to go perpetual and never run out and I'll tag some homies in here and we'll help you get away from the dope man.

But I'd def start with 2 300s and get your plants begging under those for about 2 months. While those are in the veg state for like 2-3 months you can save money and get tents and another light. Before flipping to flower take several clones. Then by the time your flowering plants are done you already have your next batch of mature plants to put Into flower.

In order to continuously grow weed you'll have to have 3 staging areas. A place for clones a place for veg and a place for flower. It will not be feasible for you to veg and flower plants under the same lights As you will have to veg the plants again. With the veg time and flower time you would be looking at 3 harvest a year. Average indoor plants for first timers are 1-2 ounces per plant. Even if you did 3 plants you'll be out way before your ready for the next harvest.

Go slow read a lot and make sure you know what your trying to accomplish before jumping in. Like I said there's going to be lots of surprise things you'll be adding to your grow when you make mistakes. Then there will be a massive amount of things you'll want to continually upgrade with. Growing is an expensive hobby for the ones that want to just try it because they think they will be good at it. It's going to take time to dial in and aquire the knowledge to harvest consistently good plants indoors.

If you decide to go through with it I'll definitely be around to help man.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Let me give you the "other side". Yes you can grow on a budget. I started with a couple of $70 300W panels (GalaxyHydro and Roleadro) and a cabinet in my garage. No tents. Cut a hole in the side and stuck an 8' computer case fan there for ventilation. $5 timer from Walmart. A PH meter is a must. a 6 dollar temp/humidity display from Walmart. 1.5 cubic foot bag of Vermisoil is 12.50 at the hydro shop.GH maxigro and maxibloom nutes were 20 bucks per bag. I have electronic skills so a DIY COB light came next - not an expensive Cree light either - I spent about $120 building a 6 COB, 300W light. If you're even halfway good at banging stuff together, look into it, I'll be glad to help you with sourcing cheap stuff.

When it came time to flower I took clones, and a second cabinet became their home. Two spaces is all you really need - one for clones and vegging plants, and one for flower.

All in all I've probably got no more than $350 in my setup, spread out over the last six months. And since I sold a couple of ounces for $300, its pretty much paid for itself already. First yield was about 6 ounces from two plants in Feb, and I should get another 8-12 ounces (from three plants) in 3-4 weeks. If I work it right, I should get 8 ounces every couple of months at the very least.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Glad you made your budget grow work buddy. I started a closet grow that was on a budget but it's easier to keep things in check when you commit and do everything right the first go around. I was always trying to improve and what not and finally enough was enough. I got better lights tents and upped my game. Couldn't be happier. All the reading and resourcing on here pays off for sure. No matter how you decide to start you'll love growing and it will be a great experience. I'd just love to see you set up right from the get go and never worry about it again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Appreciate it guys... As of now I have 2 plants vegging about 40-45 days under about 300 actual watts Of CFLs...an I have 1 auto flowering( which was a mistake I mixed the seeds up stupidly)... But I think I'll pick up 2 of those Mars 300.. I saw a couple online that go for around 130-160..good price?? No clue.. I'd like to get some clones off each of these plants to continue to grow indoors/ as well as move outdoors within the next 30-40 days.. Any thoughts on a decent veg light I could pick up....thanks guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. alright cool... An I'm this year I'll be doing white widow X big bud.... Northern light X big bud... Pineapple chunk( I'll most likely have to tarp to have it finish before frost)... An NY turbo Diesel... As well as 2 strains that a friend of mine has been growing for the past 5 years... Hopefully all goes well for me this year an I have a good yield @ harvest time

12. I have a 125 watt fluorescent grow light I've been using for vegging.... Do you think that will work fine for my clones?