15 States including Texas submit petition to succeed from US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NasaJoe, Nov 11, 2012.

1. my point, is the the people in control will kill those who want to be separate. it has happened many times, the american revolution and the civil war are better things to look at. i know american history. if you knew, then why did the british loose? why did the south loose? what do u think will happen if a state wants to leave the union? the big brother is just gonna say ok go ahead or say i dont think so, not without permission and a military altercation.
    it was the fact that the will of the revolutionaries and the will of the north that was stronger than opposition. wasnt the south vastly inferior to resources the north had? who won that war? its a matter of kill or be killed, whats mine is mine and dont tread on me

2. When's this going to happen?

3. No one said secession would be peaceful. If you don't want to be put in harms way, don't put yourself there. In fact, that's what I'm going to do. I'm in a state that doesn't have these petitions going around.

4. i am planning on waiting for the 2nd coming

5. of what?

6. hahaha....u funny....jesus...who else? u made me laugh out loud. but you are a good debater. peace. no really what i am doing is preparing for like the end of the world. got a toyota fj cruiser as my vehicle. have stocked up on canned food and water and gasoline and other essentials. then i plan on taking my family to the highest elevation that i can get too. call me crazy, but i still wish jesus would come back soon. its been too long.

7. The Lord obviously. :rolleyes:

8. My bad guys, I'm not a religious person.
    It's not as obvious to me what you were talking about because theres tons of prophets out there.

Do what you have to do, I'm going to just take things in stride

9. ^^ I'm far from religious as well.

10. i wouldnt try coming up here with any ideas like that:devious: land thieves get shot up here

11. I agree.

The Founders fought by what we call "terrorist" tactics today. Farmers hiding behind trees, picking off the brightly colored British troops marching in lines, etc.

In the 20th century there was only one instance (I believe) of a state army defeating a native (guerrilla) force. It is extremely difficult to root people out of their own land, and if the state army does happen to be successful at it, they will pay a very high price.

Washington's tanks, bombs, nukes, etc. would be pretty much useless against a citizenry that holds 200 million light arms. (that figure is at least 15 years old, I suspect it's much higher now)

Also, how many soldiers does it take who will refuse to fire on their families, neighbors, and fellow countrymen for cohesion and morale to break down within the military, rendering it useless?

Nothing is black and white, there are untold variables and unintended consequences that can make predicting war a fool's game.

But if history is a lesson, the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of guerrilla forces.

12. I hope you're not holding your breath waiting for him.

13. They're not big enough to replace Washington.

Besides, the whole idea of federalism was to leave the states alone and let them do as their people want. If you're liberty-minded and your state is getting tyrannical, you can move to another state that is more free. The idea is to get the states to compete with one another.

And this already happens, at least when it comes to taxes. When high tax policies drive the "evil" rich out of one state, they just move to a more tax-friendly state. They did this to PayChex founder, billionaire Tom Golisano, here in NYS. He said fuck you Albany and he took his money to Florida -- which I'm sure welcomed him with open arms.

So now NYS is minus one billionaire taxpayer. Real smart thinking.

14. ForumRunner_20121112_183006.png

So.. what now? Have they officially seceded or what?

15. dude, u think i m fucking stupid. u and i both know i would be dead if i actually was able to hold my breath. it was my view. and guerilla warfare cant stop nukes and planes and subs and aircraft carriers. at this point they hold most of the trump cards.

16. [quote name='"kayakush"']

dude, u think i m fucking stupid. u and i both know i would be dead if i actually was able to hold my breath.[/quote]

:laughing:

17. [quote name='"Messiah Decoy"']It's funny, the people who swear they love this country the most are the first to abandon it at the drop of a hat.[/quote]

Actually they are seceding because the government no longer upholds the constitution

They want to remake America hoe it was supposed to be

18. #99 NasaJoe, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    ^ Hehe I lol'd too

Fizzly is religion bating! KNock it off Fizz :p

And CK.. to my knowledge these petitions were filed by individuals as opposed from like official state legislature.. So I dont think the petitions accurately represent the states interests.. also, sounds like Obama would have to approve of the succession.. which would NEVER happen.. ever. But now that these petitions have become more widely known news maybe something interesting will come out of it.

19. [quote name='"NasaJoe"']^ Hehe I lol'd too

Fizzly is religion bating! KNock it off Fizz :p

And CK.. to my knowledge these petitions were filed by individuals as opposed from like official state legislature.. So I dont think the petitions accurately represent the states interests.. also, sounds like Obama would have to approve of the succession.. which would NEVER happen.. ever.[/quote]

Didn't someone say it needs 25,000 votes to be officially considered by the president? Does the petition actually have to be started by a state representative?

If the majority of the state(s') population(s) does/do want to secede.. would Obama be willing to start a war to stop it? Idk how he could really stop it from happening.

"Nah, you may have a different government and different officials, but you're still part of the U.S. and must participate." Idk