15 States including Texas submit petition to succeed from US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NasaJoe, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Love of country and support for its government are two different things.

I say secede for love of country!

2. Makes me proud to be a Texan, one of the few places that could separate and still thrive.

Sent from the Green Green Garden of Eden

3. I think it's neat that most of the states reside in the bible belt. coincidence?

4. maybe they are waking up...

5. Or they could be following their own advice of "like it or leave it"

6. I love this country and have no intention of abandoning it.

It's the government I want to abandon.

7. I very much agree. I'd love to do this to the government while walking away: :wave:

8. I just wonder how many states would be considering the HUGE leap of secession if the other Neo Con had won the general election.

I also wonder what these states will become like after secession. Will they become Libertarian utopias or GOP police states?

9. If they want to go and they get the votes from the Quebec citizens, then by all means go. I would love for them to stay as a part of Canada but they are more then welcome to leave if that's what they want.

10. I have looked into this a bit more and I don't beleive that any states have formally asked to leave the union. It's just that 15 petitions have been started.

11. Wish California would form it's own country.

We honestly don't need anyone

12. Does this mean that us in Texas can smoke freely on a park bench looking over a lake in peace now ?

13. The state I live in, the other states parts of my family live in, and the states I want to visit & possibly live are asking to leave the USA.. ha ha

:laughing:

14. This is how far we've sunk.

The federal government was a creation of the states at the time. The states voluntarily joined the union. They don't have to ask to leave a voluntary agreement -- they can just leave.

15. A geographic area does not constitute a government, once again confusing the distinction between society and government.

16. Oh yeah, these petitions are not an actual governing body representing the people asking to succeed, it's just regular people who are pissed Obama is president again. To be fair, we would have probably seen this if Romney was elected :laughing:

The LA petition was started by a restaurant owner.

17. Are you going to get rid of the state government too?

18. I agree. hopefully Tennessee will be soon to follow.

19. I live in NY, so I wonder how that will work? If i lived in Texas or Cali I would support it. There big and seem that they can handle themselves. I see NY as a welfare state with high taxes,
    whos only important cause of wallstreet. Once shit hits the fan I rather not be in NY.

20. I tried to rep you but they won't let me!

[​IMG]