15 Gallon, or 25 Gallon?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Lion, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Would upping to the more expensive 25 Gallon pots for an outdoor grow really benifit the plants yield dramatically? Give an estimate of how much more it would be. I don't want to really spend 6.99 a pot for the 25G's.

2. You will certainly get a better yield. And how much pot will 6.99 buy you?

3. I'd say go for it man, the bigger the pot the bigger the buds, if you really wan't to compare plant 2 clones 1 in the 15 gallon and one in the 25 and see which one yields more i'm pretty sure 10 gallons extra will yield alot more especially because it's outdoors and under the sun

4. Bigger the roots, bigger the shoots.

5. You can't buy a decent sized nugget for six ninety-nine--look at it that way. Every year I go through this with Ms. Ohzee. She's already getting on me about the amount I have spent this year on supplies (about a grand). But the fact is a few ounces would more than compensate me for the money spent if I was so inclined to sell them. Really, what's $6.99?

6. Thanks everyone! I think I'll do 50/50, and test the results. That'll be a good indicator for next years grow, thanks!

7. Since you guys know what you are talkin about maybe you can help me out. I'm growing in a swampy area in pots... I'm planting in May and attitude says these plants should be done mid/end of September. I was originally thinking 5 gallon pots but after this thread it made me second guess my thinking, what size do you think I should get for my situation?

8. I'd guess it would depend on how much you want to spend really. For some mobility, I'd go with 10-15. 25 if you really feel you need a huge yield.

9. If you buy them once you dont need to buy them again, and 6.99 is not too bad

10. Yeah, Multiply that by 25 Plants, and that's over $150. I'm currently not working, so, money isn't layin' around anywhere. I didn't mean for that to come off as rude, but, it would put a dent in my limited budget. I think if I look well enough, and steal some pots out in peoples yards that were thrown out over winter, I could get some decent ones.

11. Go for a make shift one, it could be made out of a whole bunch of 2x4s or some shit smoke up get creative get this shit done, i see you have the heart

12. Hell yeah I have heart for the herb. I've only smoked it 5 times in all, but each time, it inspires me more! It's so wonderful..Anyway, building doesn't seem like an option at this point. However, we planned to build a small hut for drying the plant.

13. That sounds good but the pun about having the heart of a lion obviously went straight past you hahaha

14. Oh, wow! I did miss that..Well, my real name is Laith (Said like you would say Faith, with an 'L') It translates into Lion. I'm half Arab, and I was born in Jordan. I look white, and speak english like a white guy, so it's all good. Thanks, I do take pride in my name.

15. Nice dude i have family from Morocco and Israel. Except i am pure white lol. But i think that is bitchin about your name meaning lion mine doesnt mean shit :rolleyes:

16. Pots are good to move to a fresh spot (without tracks) so 15 gallon is max for this. Think about that as well. If you need pots because the soil isn't good or too wet, then the biggest you can get (25). Good luck Lion.

17. #17 cantharis, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    Very true Corto.
    In this pic the blue bucket is 3 US gallons, the black tub is about 12, and the big mutha is 40 US gallons. I think the black tub is close to the limit of easy (?) portability without a hand cart - imagine it with a 6 foot tree growing out of it.

[​IMG]

Apologies to all the folks who are fed up with seeing this pic.

18. Thanks Cantharis. The Russian Comfrey is growing. Pretty cool. I'll post a few pics in your thread soon.
    I bought 2 wheelbarrows to haul water and soil. I leave them hidden near the water sources. I'm not using pots this year but last years I also used a wheel barrow to move 12 gallon pots (it was possible to move them without he wheel barrow but kind of tough).
    For me the main advantage of pots is to get a clean spot in September when all the rippers are out there and your spot isn't stealthy anymore (tracks).
    Other than that, if you're careful, use bigger pots (rocky, wet area) or dig holes in a dry spot (with water nearby).
    25 gallon pots aren't easy to conceal either. Seomeone looking through the veg., will spot it from under if he kneels. A 10 gallon pot can be dug in a little and camoed easier.

;)

19. Yes, my comfrey is getting a bit of a move on now.