14mm vs 18mm Joint Size?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by rawdney, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Good choice. Honeycombs are very smooth. Not much glug, glug. Not bad on drag either. Your going to love it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oil, Dabs or concentrate are (to an extent ) interchangeable terms, although someone will say shatter is different from wax and wax is different from butter, blah, blah, blah. They're all concentrates and can be done with an oil rig. An oil rig is basically a bong fitted with a titanium or ceramic nail. Generally you need a dome for your nail but this term can be slightly misleading . . .

I have one daughter crowding 40 and another in college. The near 40Y/O doesn't dab much, if at all, but it is fairly common among my youngest daughters friends (to an extent it's generational).
    Concentrates are a little different but to me you can get as good a buzz off flowers if you've got good flowers.
    That said I wouldn't turn down concentrates and when I go through Colorado I usually pick some up.

In regarding to vaping I'll be posting a Youtube video on vaping in the next few days, please give it a look (it's aimed at our generation).

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have read that concentrates can be up to 70% THC. I’m thinking “Holly Cow” I get pretty dang high on flower thru a water pipe that is 25%. Once a couple of weeks ago that was too much. Surprised me, but I’ve seen a lot of videos and dabbing seems to be very popular, so I’ve read as much as I can find on the subject and feel I’d like to try it. The pipe I just ordered will allow me to do flower or concentrates. I’m in Oregon, so finding flower or concentrates at my convenience is easy to do.

I’ve seen a ton of different opinions on nails. Titanium, ceramic and quartz. Everyone seems to have their own opinion on which provides the best flavor. It’s one of those things that I’d just have to try for myself to find out. Quartz nails are the cheapest, so would probably be my first choice to see if dabbing is for me. I’m sure it is generational. It’s all new to me within the last month.

How would I find your video on vaping? Can you post a link in this thread when you have it uploaded?

4. Good concentrates can be way over 70% thc.

5. I'm finalizing the video today, so it should be up by this evening. When it goes up I'll post a link or let you know.

6. Glad to see you went with the 18mm. Always keep in mind that you can drastically change the draw of a tube with the type of slide you are using with it, along with how much water you fill it with, and even how loose or tightly you pack the bowl. You can restrict it with a single hole push bowl, and you can open it up with the likes of 3 hole or 4 hole slides. That's what makes them so nice. With a little testing you can dial them in to exactly how you like it.

7. My local head shop keeps their in stock stuff up to date on a web page, and I saw some concentrates up to 83% THC today. If 25% flower thru a water pipe kicks my butt, what is 70%+ going to do to me?

8. Mind boggling. Endless possibilities with the pipe I ordered. They listed it in their oil section and their flower section. I’m excited to get it. I’m thinking Thursday or Friday at the latest. I’ll post a pic to this thread when I get it.

I don’t have a lot of experience with water pipes. I’m used to using a wooden hash pipe with a screen in it and have been reluctant to pack a water pipe bowl tight for fear I’ll plug the hole or suck a lot of flower into the water.

9. Get you much higher on a small amount. But you are going to need a nail and a torch. You pipe is usable for oil... But its not going to come with a nail. I fell in love my first dab and never looked back. I smoke almost 0 flower now. Oil tastes better, gets you higher, and is way less offensive to nonsmokers. You should probably wait until your tolerance goes up.

11. I’ve watched a lot of videos and done some research on nails, so I’m sort of familiar with what I need to start dabbing, but it’s an extra expense and probably not something I’m going to jump into right away. Also have the torch I want picked out and the place to purchase it. Vaping is another alternative. I’m a casual smoker these days. Once a week and sometimes a couple times a week, but when I do it’s a few bowls during the day, so I’ll probably never build up a tolerance to 70% + concentrates. I just want to feel what kind of high I get from a 70% dab. I’ll probably go the cheap way with a quartz nail till I see if I want to invest in a titanium nail. I have already decided to pick up some concentrate the next time I’m in the local head shop. I’ll probably have some in my stash before I have anything to smoke it with.

I do wonder about some of the weedtubers I’ve been watching that dab more than once during the video and it doesn’t seem to affect them at all, but they are every day smokers.

12. Thanks for the video. I’ve read a lot on vaporizers in the last few days and will probably pick one up, but nothing like what you have. I’m looking at the GigaWax G4:20-C Vaporizer or the SOURCE 10cig, but at 4 times the cost, the GigaWax G4:20-C looks like what I would be happiest with.

• Like Like x 1
  13. This might work.
    If you're looking seriously at Vaping as an alternative to combusting (smoking) you may want to check out the "Fuck Combustion" forum. They may have a review of your Giga Wax unit.
    I have limited experience with portable vapes, I only own the MLFB (Magic Flight Launch Box).
    My experience (limited remember) is that portables don't deliver like desk top models.
    I've heard that Airizer makes a really high performance portable (The Air) but that unit goes for a bit more than the Extreme Q ($144 @ Aroma-Tek).
    Happy days.

14. I've seen an excellent review on the GigaWax G4:20-C Vaporizer by someone I really like and that is why it is on the top of my list.

15. Went into the LHS yesterday to pick up some oil and I found out that it is not available to non medical patients in Oregon yet, but it is supposed to be sometime this year, so I wait on the purchase of a nail or vaporizer. Picked up a couple of grams of some Sweet Jane to try out.

Here is a quick and dirty photo of my new Thick Ass Glass pipe. It’s an 18mm 9.5" Bent Neck Honeycomb with Spinning Splash Guard. Plan on using it for the first time today.

Attached Files:

16. Wow that was a long article about matt rize. Not much if any facts about thr dangers. It has an outdated feel too it as well. No mention of vac chambers which everone uses. The part about the inhaling the plant wax was interesting. But.. No real science for or against bho in this one. Its just a bunch of opinions and thoughts.

17. Interesting article. Certainly makes me want to learn more about concentrates and who makes them and who, if anyone, can be trusted to get the butane out, or down to legal limits. I’m a casual smoker, usually no more than once maybe twice a week, but the butane part is scary. It won’t be legal for recreational use here for a while, so I’ll probably do some more research, and I’m in no hurry. I never knew this business could be such a money hungry greedy bunch of scum that don’t care about the health of their customers. Shady business, but this is a rather new frontier concerning the legal side of selling weed and the by products.

After what I experienced yesterday with my new water pipe, concentrates may be overkill for me. All my smoking in the last 3 weeks has been with the same strain. Wappa. I wanted to feel the difference from the different smoking devices and I figured the best way was to smoke the same strain thru all of them. I’ve smoked it thru my trusty 30 year old wooden hash pipe, a new Bubbler, a new beaker style water pipe that I only really used once (the first time I didn’t do it right) and dropped the bowl breaking it into 3 pieces. It’s probably a good thing that I dropped it after the 3rd hit. I was going to take some more hits but I got the highest I’ve ever been on weed from those 3 hits. At least from as far back as I can remember. For a while, it was higher than I want to experience. I’m not sure I’ve ever been that high on weed before. Yesterday I tried my new pipe (photo of it in post #35 of this thread). I tried hitting it harder than I should have, and could not clear the tube after pulling the bowl. I had a bunch of stuff to do, so decided I’d better do that before I take another hit. Glad I did, cause I got so ripped off that one hit that there is no way I needed or wanted another hit. Got so high it upset my stomach and it is just now starting to feel back to normal. Definitely smaller hits next time. So much different than smoking out of my wooden has pipe, which happens to be the pipe in my avatar. So, Concentrates for me? Mmmmm

18. No reason to rush into it. If you are happy with flowers than stick to them. If you find yourself looking for a stronger high, then it might be time to think about concentrates. There is always bubblehash, rosin, dry sift and co2 oil if you are worried about butane. The mystery oil scares me more than the butane.

19. Looking for a stronger high while hiking in the woods than I get with my old wooden hash pipe, so I was thinking a vaporizer and some concentrate might be the ticket. It is definitely not something I’m going to rush into.