14" SYN Stemless Mini Showercap

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by duckwall IV:XX, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Just got this today and I'm already in love with it. The hits are soo smooth and there is virtually no drag. I was originally planning on buying it off of ALT, but decided to take a visit to my local headshop today and found it for cheaper.:hello:. If I can sell my sheldon black bubbler, I will hopefully be adding on a nice slide and ashcatcher soon.

Attached Files:

2. thats a good looking tube, i like that.

3. #3 Maruta, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
    Looking good. I've been looking for an under $300 with a perc. Anything over just isn't worth it. Lux mini was my previous consideration but this looks even better. What do you think? It looks kind of gluggy as stemless go. The perc has this draw that pulls water into the showercap before it starts to bubble. Deal breaker, or still better than a smallish tree perc in the Lux mini. Syn seems to have established a reputation for top notch glass (on par with Roor, Illadelph, Toro, etc.) for ridiculously reasonable price. A Syn tube costs as much as another name brand accessory (ashcatcher, etc.). Additionally, it can be ordered online, Lux can't.

Any good 90 degree ashcatchers? Toro Trashcatcher/Circ is glorious but too expensive. SSFG looks fugly and needs adapter, still isn't clean looking.

/Edit:
    Milkvids!

Additionally, the shower cap design is brilliant. A perc that pulls water into itself and then diffuses it into the water via slits, truly inspired and unique design. So much simpler and more durable than a delicate tree perc, easier to clean, etc. Cheaper. Again might be gluggy to start but still good.

Holy crap, see this post: http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/583228-syn-ash-catcher.html

Perfect ashcatcher for the mini shower cap. $170, and you get a Toro Circ style ashcatcher. You can use your own bowl. Man Syn is killin' it.

4. hehe =]

yours is sick too tho

Attached Files:

5. True, they have the godly bigger ones. But the mini size factor is just appealing. More sturdy, easier to store, etc. Better value too, only 250.

6. I've been wanting to know if there really is a hole on the top of the splash guard, can someone please verify this?

7. there is a hole on the top of the splashguard

8. Yes, I can verify.

9. It was only $239 at my headshop

10. #10 duckwall IV:XX, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
    Milkvid
    [ame=http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz334/bouttomakeyourlegscrawl/?action=view&current=SYN.flv][​IMG][/ame]

Some Blue Dream I've been smoking :smoke::

Attached Files:

11. So how well would you say the shower cap works? Stemless/fixed stem designs have become pretty popular but is there a real performance difference? Better or worse than the Lux mini (or comparatively sized single tree perc tubes)? Recommendable? Milkvids!

12. this showercap design will DESTROY a lux mini in terms of smoothness.....the lux is a drag queen in comparison to any showerhead/circ design.

13. The shower cap is unlike anything I've ever hit. It produces one of, if not the, smoothest hit I've ever had from a bong. As far as the stemless design, I'm not sure of any performance difference, but it is a lot easier to maintain a bong without a downstem.

14. Ah so not too draggy then? And I agree, like I mentioned above it is a truly inspired design. With a glowing recommendation like yours I might just have to get one of these. It is just too good of a value to pass up.

15. I have the full sized showercap, and i cant say enough good things about it. Like posted above, there is absolutly no drag. Its a dream hit. The only thing i would suggjest is to get an A/C to accompany it to get a little more filtration in.

16. Hmm thanks for the input, that is what I expected. Are there any competitively priced A/Cs that would go well with the mini shower cap? The Toro Trashcatcher is an ideal example (90 degree joint, good quality, good percs) but it is a bit expensive. SSFG is more the 'value' price range I'm looking for but they don't have 90 degree angle ashcatchers and their angle adapters are wonky.

17. check out my new showercap i just copped today... 16 slits, 9 arm tree perc...splash guard etc. i love it to im so in love already...like you said there is literally no drag at all, eve nwith my tree perc.
    I also just placed an order from SSFG for there last twice diffused inline ac. it has a showerhead downstem into into inline. can't wait for it to get here!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x5-OU-bQPo]YouTube - The new mgw w/ showerhead & tree perc[/ame]

18. good order, I just got my shit.

The lighting in the vid killed the shot

19. dude holy crap
    i live in monroe, i jus got a syn from infintys end yesterday 420 sale and i been smoking on blue dream i got from charlottle :D:smoking:

my syn
    DSCF3276.jpg

blue dream
    DSCF3253.jpg

:D:hello::wave::smoking:

20. I saw someone comment about the mini showerheads saying the mouth piece was a little small, and i noticed the same thing at my head shop the other day. are you finding that to be the case?