125w PC Micro Grow - Auto Sweet Mango

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by hornchen, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Hi everyone!

Time for my second venture with the whole micro grow thing. My last run turned out well but a test seed ( bag seed ) ended up being a miniature autoflower. Time for a second go around but this time with some known genetics!

My soil has been resting since the end of September ( once a week, light watering keeping moist but not wet, mixing, letting it air out for half an hour and back it goes ) and is a mix of Promix BX, Perlite, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Humic Powder, Worm Castings, Rock Phosphate, Agricultural Limestone, Mexican Bat Guano, Jamaican Bat Guano and once a month a small small small tea of black strap molasses mixed in. I have to admit - there is something overwhelmingly therapeutic about mixing the soil and going through the motions.

I am using a 125w Vitalume self ballasted CFL ( 10,000 lumen output ), 6400k for veg at 18/6 and 2700k for flower at 12/12. Case has 6 fans, 3 exhaust, 1 blowing over the light and two fans to circulate. All fans are on different timers to alternate air patterns.

Still not 100% sold on the whole micro grow thing so I am using an auto fem sweet mango seed from green house ( freebie ) so lets see what it can do :D ! Broke soil Feb 14th, lets see how it does!

Attached Files:

2. 40 days from breaking soil and my has she grown! She is about 21.5 cm and still growing upwards which really prompts the whole post - I am debating on ways to keep her from growing much more upwards.

She started to show pistils about a week ago and her lower bud sights really started to blossom in the past few days. I know she is going to grow a bit more and I am concerned about her out growing the case.

I was thinking about trimming some of the larger fan leaves ( 2 or 3 the first round ) to open up light to the lower branches, but also to hopefully stunt some of that upward growth.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    Thanks in advance and stay up!
    Hornchen

Attached Files:

3. looking good buddy! I personally am not sure about the stunting of the growth via doing some trimming- i'll let a growfessional answer that question lol. Def a lot of progess since your last post, that's for sure!

I would say move your light up a little bit if you can though- to make the best use of your space. Put some mylar or white paint all over the inside of your box if you ever get a chance that way it will increase light reflectivity :)

If you can't move your light up.. i'd suggest finding a different object to put your light/plant/fans in if it does happen to get too close :)

4. I'm def gonna follow this as I am starting sweet mango right now myself!!

5. 47 days from breaking soil - just starting to pump up a few bud sites and slowing the stretch. Had to last minute tie down her main cola, secondary bud sights are taking off but its still early. Going to brew some tea for the next watering, hopefully she will start to plump up here soon!

Attached Files:

6. How much did you get out of that plant?

7. 53 days from breaking soil - she is really starting to come into her own. Been kicking her @ss a little but she is responding well! canopy is filling out nicely, bud sights are growing and a small number of trichomes are already starting to appear! Looking forward to seeing how the next month/month and a half go!

What do you all think?

Attached Files:

8. i think... it's awesome! how tall is it now after the 53 days?

9. 58 Days from breaking soil - don't normally update this often but she is starting to put on some suga and I got my new camera, had to test it out!

Bud pron

Attached Files:

10. Two Green Thumbs Up Man!

11. Nice can't wait to see how long it takes to finish and how much weight it puts out!! I'm on day 10 with mine right now and they are growing super fast,I'm hoping for atleast a oz from each hopefully lol.

12. Looking forward to seeing the final results, just germinated some sweet mango auto

13. watching this one for sure!

14. Just a little post 4/20 update

Attached Files:

15. Looks great!! How tall is it overall and is it about ready to pull?? I'm only at 3 weeks on mine so far and hasn't shown sex.

16. that's looking great hornchen, I'm loving it!

I hope my buds hulk up like that in the next couple weeks if i don't herm it.. (I fucked up my light schedule 2 days in a row by several hours, lol)

17. Looks lovley :D

Keep it up.

18. looks soooo nice btw mate cant wait to start mine off but going to be with a 150w cfl and im choosing lowryder#2 for the minimal space in these boxes cabt wait for yours to be fully finished gd work bro ;)

19. 71 days from breaking soil, not quite there but starting to fatten up finally.

Attached Files:

20. Def looks done to me man, how much you think she'll yield??