1200W Perpetual In the Trap

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Trap Bunkin, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Trap Bunkin, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    Will be starting my journal here.

There will be alot of editing and links posted for my personal use. I feel it will be easier to
    keep my notes here, and this will preserve my logs without having to keep endless data and
    other incriminating things around. I am in no way claiming to be the best or am i looking for
    some "know it all" to review my methods.

If you find something helpful here then GREAT!, or if you would like to know more information
    about this op then by all means ask. I will be using simple and proven methods that will bring the
    yields and quality I am looking for.

My setup is as follows:

[ Flower Room ]

• 5x6 walk in closet.
    • (2) Digital Phantom 600w dimmable ballast
    • (2) Magnum XXXL 6" air cooled hoods w/ IR Block covers
    • (2) Advanced Nutrients Red Diamond HPS
    • (2) 3x3 Flood tables w/ 31 gal. reservoir tote
    • 6" square pots w/ hydroton
    • 720cfm Hydrofarm inline blower
    • Can33 carbon filter

[ Mother/Clone/Veg ]

• 2x3x5 grow tent
    • 2' 4 bulb T5 HO by Hydrofarm (Mums)
    • 2' 1 bulb 18w T8 soft white fluoro (clones)
    • Rapid Rooter Plugs with humid dome and heat pad
    • All Mums in Roots Organic soil

[ Nutes ]

• Flora Nova Bloom @ 8ml per gal (Lucas)
    • 29% H202 @ 7ml per gal. every 3 to 4 days (Al B Fuct)
    • General Hydroponics PH down
    • Advanced Nutrients B-52 (This is what fuels my Mums)

[ Strains ]

1. Nirvana Pure Power Plant

[​IMG]

"Nirvana Pure Power Plant (PPP), a strong F1 hybrid, was developed in the late
    90s from a South African Sativa and a fat Indica from the USA. Pure Power Plant's
    tremendous growth potential is a prime example of the hybrid vigour often seen in
    marijuana seeds. This variety is the latest trend among Dutch commercial cannabis
    growers because of its high yields of valuable marijuana buds. Pure Power Plant has a
    pleasant pine-like aftertaste and a powerful social buzz."

2. TGA - Querkle (Urkle Dom Pheno)

[​IMG]

"TGA Subcool's Querkle is an Indica dominant hybrid and has a great taste and out of a 5 plant test run all 4
    females turned a nice shade of purple with warm temps throughout. Our goal was to recreate the nice grape flavour
    but add some speed to the slow Urkle mom. The results are better than we expected and finding 2 keeper moms
    from the very small test run we did. Results from the field verify mild variation, good yields and fantastic flavour and
    colours. Best way to grow Querkle is vegged to a large bush or untopped in scrog. . Cannabis seeds flower in about
    8 weeks. Yield is medium to heavy if extended veg time is given mainly due to bud density. High type is Indica head
    and grape taste make it total all day headstash. Querkle smells of grapes, fruit, berries, musty. Smoke out of a
    clean bong the flavour is just amazing and IMO better than Mom. Querkle has been featured in both Skunk and
    Hightimes magazine."

2. #2 Trap Bunkin, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    My method is as follows:

I have 4 Mums for each of the alternating strains. That's 8 Mums+ 70 plants in both trays+ 20 in propagation
    for a total of 98 plants at 1 time. That's right under the 99 plant federal limit.

[ Every 2 weeks will be a repeating cycle ]

• Cut 20 clones from the corresponding Mum. In 2 weeks, either strain is well rooted and
      ready for the move to the flood table

• Take the best 18 rooted clones from the previous 2 weeks and place in tray 1.

• Harvest the mature plants from the other side of tray 2.

• Dump and replace both reservoirs

note* Plants in week 1/2 are in the same tray as plants in week 7/8. They
      receive nutes at only half of the suggested rate. This allows for new clones to
      slowly adapt to full strength while allowing the maturing plants to use up stored
      nutes and give me that nice purple fade.

Plants in weeks 3/4/5/6 are in tray 2 getting full strength nutes.

3. #3 Trap Bunkin, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  4. #4 Trap Bunkin, Aug 11, 2012
    Pictures:

5. #5 Trap Bunkin, Aug 12, 2012
    Budshots:

[ Some shots of Querkle from Subcool's breeding thread ]

p1060008.jpg

Attached Files:

6. starting up a perpetual n my trap too how much do you pull from each??? each plant 12/12 from good root i will try 3x 600w lights with 3 containers holding 6 plants each under every light in a DWC top feed drip system with lights close running a/c and fans, im looking for 14-18 oz off each light or is this unrealistic??? and what ppm's are you feeding them once their transplanted into the first week of flower???

7. Though you will be pulling more "grams per plant", this setup allows me to move my clones directly into flower without any veg time. At 4 plants per sf with no veg, my turn around time will be quicker.

I dont think 14-16 oz from each light is to much to ask, 448 grams in a lb (600w / 448 = 1.33) (1.33x16 = 21.28). That means to be at your GPW minimum, you should be getting at least 21 oz per light. If you are not hitting that mark after you are dialed in then i would re-think my plan.

PPMs can be tricky when comparing journals here at grasscity. Ive almost completely decided to use EC as my unit of measure as some meters convert to ppm on a .5 as well as .7 scale. Most journals never clarify what conversion rate they are being measured at, but if u see PPM numbers going above 1500 you can be almost sure there using a meter with .7 conversion. All PPM's here will be using a meter at .5 conversion.

What nutes are you using?

What is the water like that you will be using?

Are you interested in using the Lucas formula?

This will be my first run using FloraNova as I was using 2 parts of a 3 part system before with great results. Simplicity and consistency is what im aiming for. 50% for tray 1 and 100% in tray 2. 100% being 8ml per gal of FNB (per lucas)

Lets get that Trap Boomin'

8. Damn, I thought my 9 plants was too much to take care of. :eek: Can't wait too see some pics.. :D

9. Yep, lugging enough dirt around to run this op is not fun, much less when disposal time comes. i will put up some pics once the trays are full and I can give the viewer a better idea of how it looks running full speed.

10. ..(waiting patiently).. :smoke:

11. sub'd

i want to try the Rapid rooter plugs on my next go around for cuts. seems like they would be waaaaayyyyyy better then rockwool cubes.

12. Welcome Sterner,
    Rapid rooter plugs are the most reliable and efficient way to clone for me. Some people swear by rockwool and if you can get consistent success rates using them I would not advise not switching. RR are easier for new growers, as they dont require "a technique" like rockwool. You can stick cuttings right in RR's out of the bag and add water to the bottom of the tray every few days and you will get 99% success rate, Though there are things you can do to get them to root sooner.

Im working on my cloning tutorial, and should have it up in about a week. Maybe you can match a few RR's against your RW and see what is easier.

Not all ways to clone are set in stone, I think it varies more on your environment than anything else.

13. Good call. Hell, straight into FFOF worked for me but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone..

14. Harvested some of the test clones ran through looking for pheno's. The querkle pheno is by far some of the all around best bud ive ever seen. I smoked a very small amount of the scissor hash and it blew my mind.
    Cant wait to get the tray full of these girls.

This querkle pheno is a very fast finisher as well, It looked ready to chop at 45 days but letting it run till 55 turns the entire bud a beautiful purple color. PPP is my commercial strain but the yield of this querkle is quite amazing as well. If i had to judge i would say the PPP is about 3/4 and the querkle is about a 1/2 oz.

Very excited about this querkle run, have some pics up for you guys tomorrow.

15. Querkle 8 weeks harvested

q2.jpg

q3.jpg

q.jpg

PPP 8 weeks harvested

ppp.jpg

ppp2.jpg

p3.jpg

fresh clones in the tray

P1010853.jpg

16. Subbed. :bongin:

Awesome looking buds trap

17. Clone tent Bunkin'

tent.jpg

7 day clones, roots jumpin' . The fuzziness is upon these girls

P1010861.jpg

P1010862.jpg

P1010863.jpg

18. Damn!! those roots in 7 days. RR plugs here I come.

19. those are some nice healthy roots keep up the good work cant wait to see how your grow turns out subed for sure :)

20. holy fuck, those roots look amazing for 7 days! I'm in on this one for sure. :smoke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.