1200w Chinese LED 2 Vipar 300 2x4x5

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GroFoMoFo, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Can't forget the clone. IMG_20181231_084121.jpg IMG_20190102_103026.jpg IMG_20190102_102955.jpg

2. Although she's a beaut, I kinda feel like I picked the wrong one to take a cutting from. Fortunately I have beaucoup Pecker beans left over, just would have preferred another one this go.

3. How big exactly is that girl, I can't tell from the pics. They are looking great man. Coming up on the last leg!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. She's pretty petite, I can't find the tape measure at the moment but I will take a comparison photo just before lights on later. She's in a 2*2*4 and fills the width about 98% and about 1/3 of the height...pretty much looking like a mini twin to the mum

• Like Like x 1
  5. This is her right in front of the mother plant and some other comparison of the big girls. Believe it or not that lone Rider in the back is over a foot long cola and heavy af

Attached Files:

6. Shit. Lone rideR didn't load IMG_20190102_155805.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Beautiful bro. You got some nice things happening over there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Looking good!

• Like Like x 1
  9. #109 tiernan61, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Holy hell!! Looks good!! Get this man some foot traffic and let people know what he can do lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just wanted to post something I have noticed after countless peek ins of the tent. I choose to mix lights this run rather than getting the QB's. The first light I got I was told it wasn't good enough to get bud with substance, which was true to an extent. My first time indoors was nothing short of a mad scientist lab, I had like 20 something plants going under this one led panel that no one could tell me wasn't kicking out 1200 watts..SMH. Well long story short, a buddy of mine was growing as well but with Viparspectras. Turned out that the few plants that survived within the small radius of my actually 220 watt light, were really dense good buds. Well buddy with the Viparspecs ended up with very sugary, very tasty fluffy bud. After review research we concluded the vipes just didn't pack enough red spectrum to harden the buds up enough. This wasn't a case of early pickings either, calyx were swollen af and you could see only pistils tips. Well arm with this knowledge I figured why not just mix the lights and get the best of both worlds, bigger dense buds right?! Well that seemed to be working out but with this conundrum...in the middle where you would think the light is mixed the most, the buds are very lite and airy feeling. But on either side with the extremes being heavy blue or heavy red..the buds and HEAVY and solid as hell! Totally confused 201913_122211844.jpg

11. Viparspectras get a lot of hate due to their spectrum but in my experience they are fantastic. My first plant ever I grew under a viparspectra “300w” and produced over 4oz of top quality buds and they were very dense. I think the main thing that makes the biggest difference is not trying to cover too much with the light honestly.

My New Grow

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah, I guess I was just expecting some kind of Captain Planet,"With our powers combined!",type effect. Apparently there is more to it than that, hahaha.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Snapped a back branch reaching for the accurite... lucky wasn't a main..oh well guess fate just wanted to let me get a taste early. IMG_20190104_104831.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Beauty flower though!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Had to chop pecker early. Man this fucken sucks. Noticed bud root on the branch I knocked off, went back in the tent and started noticing spots that were just starting to rot. My wife sabotaged me by continually messing with the thermostat...SMH. I still have the lower half going but took down all the colas in fear. I will say even though they are a week and a half to two weeks too early for me, they are the heaviest buds I ever grown. All in all I think I caught it pretty early and lost about a half oz in wet bud. This is all really disheartening for the simple fact that I felt like I was hitting on all cylinders this entire grow only to be screwed by my hard headed significant other. IMG_20190105_111324.jpg IMG_20190105_111324.jpg IMG_20190105_112830.jpg IMG_20190105_111120.jpg IMG_20190105_132129.jpg IMG_20190106_104023.jpg

16. I guess the silver lining in all this is, Bertha was uneffected and now starting her natural fade, and now the clone can get better lighting, and I am that much closer to being able to start my first legit beans from the Vault and gro some autos for the first time. IMG_20190106_103334.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Damn dude sorry to hear. Was she doing it purposely? Thankfully it wasn’t the whole bunch.

18. No, not maliciously...just being a woman who hears but doesn't listen. I tried a piece earlier and and it's not as much a loss as I was expecting. Nice body high that hits fast and lingers. Really wanted to take it to most cloudy with amber, but I guess mostly cloudy with sparce amber is ok. I know from a previous grow, the other one will take forever to Amber.

19. I'm just getting back into things after a couple of years off, yes to defoliation always
    I've done microgrows and 4x2x5 tent grows. All soil, but always defoliated. I always look at it as I want the growth energy to be geared towards my cola's and not fan leaves that block my canopy.
    If your lights sweet spot is 18 inches, get rid of everything 24 inches and below. If your sweet spot is 24 inches, get rid of everything 30 and below.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Damn brother I really hated reading this, but like you said 1/2 loss. With decent flower isnt bad. Better lighting on the other girls.

• Like Like x 1