1200W, Canna Coco, White Rhino...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by arseface, May 14, 2006.

1. A few more pics.

1 - these are the two females I've taken out. With a bit of luck they will be going to lazy stoner so he can start his grow off straight from flowering. The smaller one I took out just because it's 4 inches shorter than the next smallest one, and would be difficult to fit in with the other plants. It's younger than the others (it's the tiny plant from the first post of the thread), but it's developing well still. The bigger plant is developing well, but it reminds me of the larger WR plant I had last time. It should yield really well if it's got enough space, but I can see me needing to tie up a lot of the branches for support and that's going to be awkward in this grow.

2 - These are two more plants I've got out that I'm not 100% sure about the sex of. I think they're probably males, but I'm judging that from the preflowers so I might as well keep it for now.

The other 7 definite males have been chopped.

edit - thanks nicho :D

Attached Files:

• 26.JPG
      26.JPG
      File size:
      176.3 KB
      Views:
    • 27.JPG
      27.JPG
      File size:
      187.9 KB
      Views:
  2. you know everytime i look in, those plants just look better and better:hello: .Great grow + rep

3. oh, man... those look beautiful. I can't wait for coco... I posted a question about nutes in the coco thread I made.. I'll post here too just incase. how much nutes are you going through? I'm going to SOG so I won't need quite as much... I've looked around and the botanicare line (cocogro) seems to be good quality... I'm either going to use canna coco nutes or use botanicare's line for that too... probably botanicare... here's the link

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemDesc.asp?ic=NLCNSBG

same price for the grow too....

$25 for a gallon of grow and same for bloom... $50 total.. they don't have part A and B like canna.. just one solution for grow and one for bloom. how long do you think a gallon would last?

I'm pumped for this.. new seeds coming soon C99, AK99, & white rhinos like yourself... also might order some mandala hashberry because I see a nice deal on an auction for 30 of them, and I'm ordering the canna and nutes soon as well..and going to go to a local nursery to find very tall narrow pots or make them myself so I can fit as many as possible for the sea of green but still having plenty of room for roots... gotta be creative since i've got plenty of vertical space but not much horizontally lol

can't wait for that future grow and can't wait to see how your plants turn out.. you had a great harvest last time and this looks like it's going to leave that one in the dust... :D

4. Thanks bud :D

Hero - all I can say is that I've had great results with the canna coco. If I were you, I would buy a litre bottle of each of the canna and the botanicare to start with. You can use the botanicare to start with, then switch later in veg to see if you get an improvement. It might be that the botanicare works better wih the coco you're using, but at least this way you will be able to do a direct comparrison before you shell out for a large amount. Also, you won't be left feeling like you could have made a mistake with the ferts if things don't work out great at some point.

As for how quickly they will go through ferts... give me the following info and I'll give you an estimate:

number of plants you're growing
    size you're planning to grow them to and rough size of the pots they'll be in
    lighting (still the same 400W HPS?)
    ...and for the botanicare - what concentration of their ferts you need to add to the water (ie I know that canna coco is 2 - 4 ml / litre )

5. hello arseface

im pulling up my seat to enjoy this grow. shame i didnt get to be at the start, all is looking great and im now going to go back and have a better read :hello: .

ill be back for updates :smoking:

6. edited... don't want to clutter up your thread

7. wonderful grow man, i looked threw all 8 poages, im pressive groweth my friend! Gj and i hope one dya my grow will be as good as yours

8. edited... don't want to clutter up your thread

well, I've made my order. 170 liters of coco coir, 24 2-gallon grow bags, and a bunch of technaflora bc nutrients. to be honest, I think as long as it's good nutrients, the coir itself will make the most difference, not a specific brand of nutrients... but that's just what I've seen with others on another forum... sea of green time! really excited for next grow.. :]

9. Well guys... Holy shit.

When I set out growing in coco I was expecting them to grow a bit quicker, but this has just surpassed all my expectations. The plants are growing like mad... the bigger ones are over 6ft tall now, and they're showing no signs of slowing down. They're only about 10 days into flowering, and my last grow (in the soil) grew another foot+ from this stage. God knows what these coco plants are going to do, but I've only got 8ft ceiling on the room so some of them are bound get restricted.

Anyway, here's a pic of them now. Take a look back to the first post to see how far they've come in 5 weeks.

Attached Files:

• 28.JPG
      28.JPG
      File size:
      195.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Here are a couple more pics.

1) A view down the middle of the grow room. The plant in the foreground is the smallest one, but I expect it to form a nice fat main cola. The one behind it is a bit dissapointing - quite stretched and thin on the leaf coverage. Have to see how much it gives, but its got plenty of colas behind it which you can't see and they're getting reasonable light.

2) A view from the ceiling looking down. A fairly nice canopy, but there are just so many bud sites. I know that's generally a good thing, but I'll have to see how much they actually yield - I'm a bit worried about overcrowding as I've always grown plants with much more room than this before.

Attached Files:

• 29.JPG
      29.JPG
      File size:
      186.8 KB
      Views:
    • 31.JPG
      31.JPG
      File size:
      188.8 KB
      Views:
  11. you know i really miss growing indoors sometimes! i used to grow im my house in england then moved to my parents house in spain so its not a possibility to grow indoors now so i went outside to grow!. mine are in a great climate for growing but at just under 6 weeks they are barely 1ft-2ft and yours are 6ft at 5 weeks!

12. 325_3[1].jpg

holy smoke:eek: That is some seriously phenomenal growth going on there.From past experience, can you judge what kinda weight you may end up with

13. It depends how well the buds swell out given that they're a bit overcrowded...

If I had to guess... around 35-40oz I think.

14. lol god damn arse. you've got a fucking jungle! :D

you going to have to tie them down?

15. looks like u are gonna get a good amount of buds :smoke:

16. that coco shit is fabulous , later today or tomorrow ill have pics posted of my ww's outside in coco . they grow fast to :)

17. where can i buy white rhino feminised as i want a strain with big dense buds that strong too? how old were they when you started giving them nutrients?

18. Hi there

Thanks for all the nice comments guys - and thanks to whoever it was who gave me rep! (wookie?). Anyway, it's great of you all to keep stopping by and adding some life to the journal :) Hero - you didn't have to delete that text, it wasn't cluttering up the thread...

Stonymontana (great name btw) - I don't think snyone does feminised white rhino seeds. As for the ferts - I'm growing in coco which doesn't store fertiliser, so I fertilised as soon as I put them in the coco. I germinated them into potting soil though, which they were in (without additional fertilisation) for between 1 and 2 weeks.

Hero - I don't think I'll tie them down. Basically the room is overcrowded anyway and there isn't anywhere to tie them down to. I'll just have to go with what I've got I think.

Nicho - great news! The more people growing in coco the better...

19. Looking good buddy:)

i've been reading for about 3-4 years on coco and now i may have to give it a shot seing all this growing going aroud with it....

Tetra-bopper and now you and someone else? but you were the last straw,now it will be my turn on my next grow i hope if all goes well......later....

20. we need an update :p