1200W, Canna Coco, White Rhino...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by arseface, May 14, 2006.

1. Nah, that metal strip is just to hold the thermometer to the scale. It's at 80F now, which is around what it usually is in the day. It does get up to 85 at ground level sometimes though. I could do with a bigger exhaust fan really...

[​IMG]

2. hi arse...plants are looking really green and healthy...nice growin....
    that leaf curling on the older leaves looks exactly like what happens to my bubbler girls when the water in the res gets too low (wot me,forget to top up?:rolleyes:)...they cant pump enough water to deal with the (normal)heat...that may or may not help but i thought id mention....
    hope you get to the bottom of it...

3. Yea if it gets to 85 ground level its gotta be at least lil hotter then that so if it reads up to 85 on the ground it means it gets to like 90 up top... way too hot... get a better exhaust or put some more fans on those babies :) maybe even one blowing at the HPS bulb... thats what i have... one blowing at the bulb and one on the plants and it brings the heat down hella in there... hope you solve the problem :)

4. Hi Af. Great journal on cocoa as the plants look good. Thought I would suggest, since the plants need to be fed with every watering and there is now some yellowing showing up with the curled leaves that you may have a magnesium shortage? The leaf edges first start out looking really sharp and then start to curl up. This symptom is also called "praying leaves." Without MG, plants can't absorb N so the leaves eventually yellow up no matter how much N you feed them. I am not fond of adding salt to my soil when this happens but you can foliar feed them. I forget the actual amount but it is something like 1 teaspoon of epsom salt to a gal of water. You then mist the plants with a spray bottle till the leaves are dripping. repeat the next day and you should see results in two days. It is something I would try as all the symptoms fit coupled with it being in a soiless mix but I just offer it as a possibilty as Bopper said it happens to his plants but they grow out of it which wouldn't happen with a MG def. Anyway, good luck and I'll be watching the results with interest.

5. Hi mate, actually I was going to suggest an epsom salt feed for them - I did that to revive my haze and it worked wonders.

I think I used 1 tablespoon of epsom salts to 5 litres of water, but it certainly gives everything a lift and improves the colour and condition significantly.

So how come you're not posting pix straight to the site then? I'd have thought hosting images elsewhere leaves you a bit exposed?

Just a thought matey, not trying to spread my paranoia! :D

Laters

6. Thats amazing how many days old are they?

7. looking good man keep up the good work there looking great so far man theyll get over that leaf curling don worry :D

8. Holy shit... coco is the fucking business!

I just came back in after just over 24 hours out - the amount the plants have grown in that time is incredible... I'll go take some pics in a minute.

The leaf curling seems to have cleared up by itself. It was getting better for a couple of days, but it seems to be all but vanished now. Thanks for the tips on the epsom salts anyway though guys. I used them before on the big bud we had before that wouldn't flower properly (I was grasping at straws but hey...), but I got them from my Mum back then (I told her I was constipated and asked her to get me some lol). I take it a chemist would sell them?

Thegivingtree - welcome to the forums :)

Lucian - Thanks a lot for stopping by :) It's always great when you stop by and spread your considerable weed-wisdom onto a grow! :D Any other comments or suggestions you have are always very much welcomed.

Bopper - um... didn't think of that :eek: I just liked that they were all there to see when you open the page. I dunno... it was like that way back when, when then board was vbull 2.0 *strokes chin and lights pipe in suitably dramatic fashion.*

9. Okay, pics as promised. One more via imageshack, then back to the forum's hosting for the rest of the grow. I'll change all the pics back to the forum hosting in a few days.

Anyway, it's a testiment to coco that the plants have gone to this:

[​IMG]

from this:

[​IMG]

in just 17 days (2 and a half weeks)

Pretty cool, huh?! :D If I had to guess, I'd say these are about a week ahead of my last lot.

10. Couple more pics:

Attached Files:

• 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      193.4 KB
      Views:
    • 13.JPG
      13.JPG
      File size:
      197.4 KB
      Views:
  11. holy moly that's just incredible . what do you feed them and how much ?
    rep+ it's just incredible

12. jeez that is frustrating having yours outgrow mine so much and mine a little less than double the age of yours. *shakes head* I think I'm going to get some coco now. How much $ is this stuff?

13. At the moment I'm feeding them canna coco fertilisers - 30ml of A and of B per 10L of water. I was giving 20ml earlier on, but I've been upping it a bit each time and they really seem to have responded.

As for how old they are - well, in that first pic you see they had been in the big pots and in the coco for a day, all transplated at the same time. But some of them had been under flourescents in small pots for over a week before they were transplanted so they're not as young as you think. Growth really has been incredible since putting them in the coco though...

I paid £12 per 50L bag of coco - that's about $20. I don't know what it retails at in the US but goods tend to be cheaper there than here in the UK. It's well worth it in my opinion, and you can always reuse it for your next grow if you want - you just need to get all the old roots out.

14. I'd pay it, but I don't know of any hydroponic stores around where I live, and I'm not sure if I'd want to order something online called Canna Coco.... canna... cannabis.. yeaaahhh. Maybe I can find some stores some how... I guess I'll try yellow pages or searching online for some in the surrounding cities or something. Couldn't you grow the same way in large blocks of rockwool? Since it's inert and airy... just water and feed nutrients often

15. not like that coco...nice...i must make that trip out....im told biobizz is another good brand....

16. Just noticed this thread...

Its not only high heat that can curl up leaves...Too much light can do it too..Being too dry can do it...curling leaves is the plants way of retaining water..You can keep coco wet at all time without worring about root rot...cana coco has added goodies init like trichoderma to stop fungus infection..use the coco to many times it looses these goodies and you have probs..
    I use a wand to check ppms...i reckomend one if you carry on with coco..and a ph meter too..

coco costs me $50 nzd..i think its about the same in the states..you lucky fucker...when you think a good oz costs $250 - $300..its fuck all really init..

looking good there mate...

btw..a mate poited out the other day i had 22 plants in flower under 2 600w..:p ..well it tis a sea of green init i replied..lol.
    i also like the rhino..
    laters.

17. Epsom salts - yeah, over the counter. Mine were about 70p a pot I think!

Cocoa rules for sure and that's a lot of growth in just a couple o weeks matey. Mine have jumped up like that when I first put them up under lights - stunning really.

What's an oz cost (retail) in the UK now then? I had someone tell me recently that £150 is the going rate? Still - who cares right, we've got all the tools aptitude and motivation to JFDI so who cares what the price is. LMFAO.

Anyways, delighted for you Arse, looks fantastic!

18. In the UK (round my end anyway) it usually costs £40 for a quarter wherever you get it, and has been for as long as I've been smoking. 1/2oz is usually £70, and oz usually £120 to £130 unless the dealer is a cock. Down from this is a 20 bag, but if you get 3g in one of those you're lucky. But whatever you buy it's rarely on weight, and as often as not it's damp (so you're paying for water).

For you Americans, £1 is around $1.85.

19. Belgium ownz 100€ for an oz of highquality bud like white widow or bubblegum :D

20. Okay, well it's not that long since I last updated but I'm going to repot them all tomorrow so this is as much for my reference next time as it is to update the journal.

I have found that the faster growing plants tend to end up male, so I've moved the biggest plants to the back. I've given priority light to those that are struggling or were started late. They've all got decent light still though.

Pics:

1) Overview as always...

2) The tallest plant, a little too stretched for my liking but hey.

3) Ground level view (not the best developed plants though)

4) The weedy carpet developing nicely

edit - nicho, might that have something to do with your close proximity to Holland, and the open boarders?! :p In the UK, unfortunately, we have the sea to contend with :(

Attached Files:

• 14.JPG
      14.JPG
      File size:
      195.7 KB
      Views:
    • 15.JPG
      15.JPG
      File size:
      161.5 KB
      Views:
    • 16.JPG