1200W, Canna Coco, White Rhino...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by arseface, May 14, 2006.

1. It's well worth it from the early results. They didn't grow this quickly in the regular soil. Also, since there aren't actually any nutrients stored in the coco, you can reuse it for your next grow. You just have to get the the roots out of it after the grow, and it should be ready to go again.

About planter position - that was my first guess, so when I first noticed it I swapped a couple of the worst ones with some that weren't curling at all. Didn't seem to make much difference unfortunately.

2. Ah... yea great minds think alike ;) but i just love how its like a waterless hydro set up... well not totaly... but i mean you dont have to have a big heavy ass 5 gallon bucket of water lol

3. Heat Stress is whats causing the the leaves to curl on the ends.

4. Yeah, you're probably right. There's not so much I can do though - temps are usually sub 80F, and the plants are almost 3' from the bulbs (I have heat shields too). They seem to be improving so I'll see how they are in a few days. The worst ones I've moved out from directly under the bulbs though.

5. almost all the strains i've grown by nirvana do the same thing...during the first like 3-4 weeks of growth the leaves will curl and twist and then it'll be fine once it matures, weird.

6. Yeah - the last batch I grew I had this problem with the Ice and the Super Skunk. The 5 white rhino I had then were fine, and the 5 left over from that pack are doing fine this time. Guess this new batch is a little more sensitive or something...

7. Hi mate, well I'm just using the Canna Coco A and B stuff, and I use just over 10ml per 4 litres of water. I've got a 4litre bottle and just splash that much in it. I've also had that leaf curling, if fact, I've got some like it upstairs right now, but I've always put this down to just the way the plants grow when under the lights initially, they always seem to grow out of it after a few weeks.

You plants do seem to be spurting on now though matey! :D

BTW, never heard back from LS's Mrs regarding my suggestion - hope they've got a sense of humour!

Anyways, looking good matey!

8. What he said!

And I agree with Dier too - looks like they are a bit too hot.

Sorry mate, should have read through the scond page before replying.

Laters

9. wow realy nice lookin plants, i wanna see them wen they bud!

AusToker

10. BTW, never heard back from LS's Mrs regarding my suggestion - hope they've got a sense of humour!

bopper no internet at home to check posts or i wouldve replied before thanks for your suggestion you perv :) . Ill bear it in mind if i ever see you.:wave:

11. looks like a great grow so far. nice deep green leaf color, defnintely very healthy plants.

i look forward to seeing you finish those.

12. LMFAO - I'm guessing Arse told you what I do for a living then - lol.

Laters :D

13. what you do for a livin :p i wanna know haha

14. Well, the coco seems to be doing its job :)

Still having leaf curling problems though. Also a couple of the plants have a bit of a yellow tinge... anyway, could be worse:

[​IMG]

15. Plants are developing quite well... certainly there's more outward growth than there was last time. Anyway, some of the plants have begun their upward growth phase and others are still just bushing out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. This plant is quite nice and bushy:

[​IMG]

And this is what's become of the tiny little seedling from the first round of pics (11 days ago). It's doing okay I guess, but it's a good week behind the bigger ones. In a week or so I can't see it being able to compete with the others... Anyway, still worth keeping around for now.

[​IMG]

17. try watering them some more... i see you have a fan on them so it shouldnt be too much of a problem... how hot is it getting in there? also rotate the plants and turn them all... i do this to mine at it evenly spreds the air flow and light accross the plants... or thats how i see it :p but anyways good luck they are looking beautiful :)

18. They get usually get watered every day. Coco doesn't hold nearly as much water as soil, so it pays to keep it wet.

I've seen temps between 70 and 85 where the thermometer is, usually around 80 in the day. I've got an extraction fan as well so it doesn't build up too badly.

I like to turn the plants as well, but more to make sure they're using as much of the light as possible. Doesn't make so much difference at this stage when they're hardly overlapping, but in a couple of weeks when they're growing up quickly and fighting for room it pays to get the best light to the colas that are going to end up holding the biggest buds. If you set them up right during veg you can really help your final yeild. Anyway this is another thing I like about coco - it's a kind of halfway house to hydro, but still allows you to move the plants around easily like with soil.

I need to get the mylar up this weekend as well - more fekkin effort!

19. Yea i know what you mean :) damn i need to go to the store and pick up some mylar a 400w HPS and some coco with the nutes... then ill be set :) i have a small setup now but i wanna step it up... always work to do but always fun doin this type of work ahaha.. i wish i could get a job growin weed and shit all day... would be the dreem ;)

20. That one shot with the Thermostat, looks like it says almost 90 degrees at floor level, which means its got to be at least 90 or higher at the tops of the plants, thats way to much and what is causing the curling.