12000 Watt 91 Plant Hydro Gorilla Glue #4, Lemon OG Kush, and Blueberry

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by paperc07, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Sorry to hear that man. With all the posts I've seen on DWC where people seal even the smallest light leak into the res, going so far as to cover the outside of the containers to prevent light filtering through plastic, I thought you may have an issue.

Here's a thought: If you bought twice the amount of drain trays you could just stack them on top of each other with the second layer upside down to shut out the light. The only bitch is you would have to cut a hole for each pot. It could be done. fairly easily I think.

If you build a little pvc frame the legs can sit in the res and the pvc can just make a tent like frame for the plastic.

The algae won't prevent the plants from growing or even doing well. It will just rob oxygen and nutrients from the water.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thanks for the fast response tbone! Yeah the lid will help all that algae, I went over to my partners and saw his setup as it is almost done, I will try and get pictures for the thread asap, because he has algae on the cubes and roots, his plants are fine, but it makes me wonder if they could have done so much better?

3. Algae definitely isn't ideal but I have seen crops where the grower just kind of ignored it and the plants still turn out good. I would have to think they would be healthier though without completing with the algae for oxygen in the water.

The one thing that can happen is if the algae bloom gets too thick or big it can rob enough oxygen from the water to kill the plants.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I appreciate the advice ,what I decided I am gonna do is use those block covers the use for the rockwool cubes and hope for the best, it's gotta help it.

[​IMG]

5. Made a ghetto resivior cover to stop the algae (had a picture guess it didn't take). Also added the cube covers to prevent algae from being on the top of the rockwool cubes. I also noticed it looks like im getting a nitrogen deficiency. I also think some of the plants are getting a little too much ppms some are growing better then others.

Attached Files:

6. I think they look pretty good. Possibly more cal/mag to help combat that light color with a touch of N.

7. Following. Man this is soooo similar to the buildout i'm planning to setup next month. Very helpful that you're working out the kinks for me :p good luck with the grow. Any updates over the last 2 weeks?