12 years out the game, now back at it.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by .GaQualityGrower., May 25, 2020.

1. so I haven't posted any new pics lately. So I started week 4 of veg yesterday. Hopefully I can start bloom in a week but the hight isn't tall enough, I want 24-32" tall plants. I thought I had a Cal+Mag prob turned out my PH jumped up and didn't notice untill damage showed. had to adjust pH every day for the last 9 days, so I looked at my pH stabilizer and realized I was only putting in fifty percent of the stabilizer I should have been putting in so hopefully this week I'm going to have to adjust. I'm also going to start running my CO2.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ok so new update, I started to use call mag plus, and growth has been explosive. I'm almost to the hight I want and will start useing bush master to stop vertical growth on some so the few smaller ones can catch up. here's a few new pics. hopefully I'll see what I want and will start 12/12 next sun. the smell in the room is amazing right now, can't wait till bloom get really going.

Attached Files:

3. Beefy ticks looking good I’ll stick around for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. ok so with the daily battle of pHing 12 buckets everyday I'm most definitely looking into RDWC. I need to get 1/2hp water chiller and an auto pH controller. how big of a pump do I need to push the water threw the 30gal res and 12 5gal buckets?

5. Idk that would ever work, unless you have a lot of room and are doing an under current system

6. I thought that's how it worked. pump from res into 1st bucket and so on till it gets back to res. I don't know anything about RDWC.

7. I’m subbed up!
    Digging the full setup, man.
    I started in DWC and had a lot of similar problems, as I used distilled water. Swapped to my regular tap water, and it changed things for the better.
    Seems like you’re getting the hang of it though!

Stoked to see what you produce!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok so RDWC is a broad term..... undercurrent is a type.......
    So I have two photos here. One is of mine marked up and the other is a generic off of the web remarked up.....

So in this photo, my soup can move in only one direction as followed by the areas, it comes out of the control bucket that the chiller is also hooked to, then to each site in order, then back to control bucket and chiller....... prone to clogging.......
    EC089F1D-73C1-4B30-80F6-8E1CF3410B7F.jpeg

This is a shitty under current in my opinion...... this uses the big pvc pipes to feed the buckets all at once, and then uses a bulk head in the rear pipe to suck the soup back to the control bucket and then fills the bucket to then push the soup back out to the system....... the best systems imo, use the 3” pvc pipe to be the drain back and you in turn allow the pump to use 1/2” line to feed all the buckets...... benefits of this system is using no clogging if set up in the way I described.....
    22E58EE1-5C32-4F44-9620-750C56739B29.jpeg

now, each system has its benefits each has draw backs

but collectively the main issue I have with RDWC is if I wanted to run very dissimilar strains..... because they share the same nutes..... so you have to find a collective middle ground and fast...... great Benefit is the chiller that out weighs most DWC applications........ not gonna lie though after doing soil and RDWC, I am honestly thinking of flood and drain tables with a sea of clones in Rockwool, reason being is no chiller required, smaller air pump. And it only kicks in a few times a day to flood the table then reverse it a few min latter...... further more I know a guy who NEVER ph’es the res in his flood and drain and he grow some amazing girls. But I haven’t seen it behind the scenes so take that with a grain of salt

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. so I started bloom 2 days ago here is a few pics of all 12 girls, they are looking great. 1 question anyone know why my PH every day jumps up 1 whole point. I set to 5.6-5.7 24hours later it's at 6.2-6.9. I have had to PH down every single day.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. so could only post 20 pics so here's the rest of them.

Attached Files:

11. Here you go buddy......

22BCEB1A-FF3D-4DA6-A696-1E60954DF02F.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. ok so I know about my ppm and my PH, what is EC. don't think I ever heard about that back in the day.

13. Ppm is converted EC number.......... need to know what scale your pen reads to go back to the ec. But they work the same, so easy way is change ec to ppm......

14. 1.0 ec= 500 or 700 scale depending..... I go off of ec due to my blue lab baton.

15. not sure what scale it is will look when I get home. but ppm to ec by the math the interwebs provides I have an EC of 1.93 as of yesterday. will chk ppms

16. Bro you won’t know ec till you know what scale your pen reads in..... but! Ppms is the same as ec. In that table I shared, replace ec with ppm’s and it’s the same.

17. Also food for thought there are three things for that chart that you need to know, beginning and end water level, ec/ppm, and ph....... water movement is the key to the equation.

18. Good to see another Southeasterner on here. This is a dope and inspiring grow. I am going back into growing with much more limited space. Trying to do DWC also, just two buckets. Anyways, best of luck looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. This is dope information you are sharing here. I am staring a DWC with just two buckets and have some questions. I'd love some feedback if you got the time - Cold Turk's DWC grow

20. Ya I got time when I get home and individual buckets are for those who want more work than necessary imo Unless your doing one massive photo plant......