12 Plants: Strawberry Cough & SSH with PICS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Bobmarleyo21, Dec 4, 2009.

1. #1 Bobmarleyo21, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    This is my 1st full scale well equipped grow.

Plants: I started with 15 seeds, 10 strawberry cough and 5 super silver haze. All 10 strawberry cough seeds are growing but only 2 out of the 5 SSH seeds are growing. The plants are 2 weeks old today. I am down to 8 plants now, I chopped up 4 males. Finally down to 5 female plants: 3 strawberry cough and 2 super silver haze
    Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forrest
    Type of light? 400 watt MH for veg and 400 watt HPS for flower
    Conditions: Air Temperature around 68, Humidity around 40%, Fan blowing on low
    Waterings: Every 3 days. Tap water from my sink that has sat out for 3 days and PHed to 6.5
    PH Range: 6-7 ph
    Nutrients/Supplements: Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame, Cha-Ching, and Molasses
    Design: 4x4x6 mylar grow tent, air cooled 400 watt light hood, 400 watt ballast

Feel free to post comment and give any advice:D

2. 2 weeks old

Attached Files:

3. My current problem is that 4 out of my 12 plants are developing orange spots on them and i'm not sure what is causing it or how to fix it. Here are some pics of the orange spots. I need to know how I should help my babies:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. Probably calcium deficiency or ph spotting, checkout the plant abuse chart and compare what your plants look like next to pics in the charts. May also just be some ph spotting from the low ph. If you think its cal deficiency pick up some cal-mag on ebay its only 10$. Peace:smoking:

5. thanks for the tip all look into calcium deficiency.

6. No problem, gonna go smoke a couple bowls of white russian peace:smoking:

7. hey bro, i can't really make any suggestions as to what your spots are, cause i'm only on my first grow :eek: but i'd highly recommend getting some distilled water, if you haven't already. once i started watering with distilled, she started growing like crazy. actually, i use "demineralized ozonated"... as long as its the lowest ppm you can find.

looking good otherwise! the spots don't look like anything too serious.

8. ya people are telling me to use distilled water but I feel like it's to expensive to keep buying it. Where did you buy yours at?

9. If you wanna be a pro then you need reverse osmosis. I bought a 5 stage ro kit on ebay for $150 and now I have 0ppm water for my plants and me. System produces 3gl pure water in a hour with no pumps or anything.

I also gro in hydro though, with drip buckets and fogponics but a soil gro should benefit from pure water too. Pays for itself in the long run and you can drink healthier pure water instead of our pharmaceutical laden tap water.

10. If you can't afford reverse osmosis just let tap water sit in a bucket for 3days or so. That will evaporate all the chlorine out and the sediment and dissolved solids will settle down to the bottom of the bucket.:smoking:

11. I have been letting my water sit but the ph is still off even after it sits out for a week

12. Letting it sit is good for getting rid of chlorine but tap water has a lot of ph buffers in it. My tap is usually around 7.9. Are you adjusting the ph to 6.5 or so before feeding them. Your soil can be acidic too and may to be flushed with some ph adjusted water. You wanna be in the 6.8-7.5 range in soil, 5.5-6.2 for hydro. That's what I love about hydro, flawless and absolute control over all growing parameters.:smoking:

13. When I took the runoff ph measurement of a couple plants the water was an yellowish orange which equals the ph being 5.5
    I'm not sure why it is so low I feel I need to buy an actual ph meter instead of measuring the runoff.
    Think I will just water my plants next time with straight tap water that has sat out, the ph of that is 8.8

14. Thats why I got tired of soil. I can convert a standard closet grow to drip bucket hydroponics for just under $100.

15. If you ever want to do hydroponics Bob its really not to hard and your yields are easily doubled. I can tell you everything you need to know to make it stupid easy. Peace:smoking:

16. thanks for the tips all look into but for now i'm going to stick with soil.

17. Cool, cheapest and easiest method is drip systems. Peace:smoking:

18. my big SSH plant has 2 fan leaves that are curling downwards when I checked them when today.
    the orange color is still spreading, now a 5th plant has orange spots on it :(

19. hmm... are they just orange dots, like many of them? or are they a few orange dots getting bigger?

20. its alot of orange dots then the tips of the leaves are turning orange too. I think its either mg def or cal def cuz the ph of my soil is low. i read that epsom salts or Dolomite lime will help but i don't know where to buy those 2 things at.
    maybe if I bought some ph up it would solve the problem