12 hour back to 18

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jackmax, Mar 20, 2009.

1. i had a couple of plants under 12 hour cycle for approx 10 days before taking them out and back to 18 hour, im curious what is worst case sernio, will they be ok. has anybody tried after 12 hour is complete cutting back plant and starting again back to 18 or 24 using same plant

2. I assume you mean a 12/12 cycle back to a 18/6 cycle. That will put the plants back into veg and will slow down your overall grow a bit, but no harm otherwise.

3. I think the worst that could happen is they turn into Hermies. Light irregularity can do that.

4. This does stress the plants somewhat and can cause unnecessary stretching. It also delays the eventual harvest. I have pulled flowering plants back into veg and though I've never seen this, If HH says it's possible then you need to watch your plant and make sure your girl stays a girl.

Yes. It's known as Re-Vegging the plant. Theoretically, as long as you keep the plant healthy you could get multiple harvests from the same individual plant and have a perpetual harvest using 2 sets of plants. 1 set is vegging while the other is flowering. After harvest you put what's left of the plant back under the veg lights and move the set that's been vegging for 2 months(or whatever) goes to the flower box.

5. thanks all for feedback.