~12 day old plants exhibiting Mg deficiency, need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by digplan., Sep 13, 2006.

1. Hello all,

In the interest of trying to save my plants, I'll try to keep the background info short.

I first tried growing two plants during the middle of this summer; I fertilized as I planted the seeds, thinking I was planning ahead, which I've since learned is the absolute wrong thing to do. The plants, however, grew fairly well without issue for about three weeks, the plants themselves, small. They eventually exhibited a very strong Mg deficiency, however, and died within several days.

Fast forward to today- I started three seeds about 12 days ago, and they have grown as expected up until the last day or so. They have started, again, exhibiting an Mg deficiency, even without adding fertilizer. I'm using standard, home depot grade scott's potting soil- I can't imagine what I'm doing incorrectly. I'd really, really like to save these plants, and i'm not sure what to do. I tried leave-feeding with the correct Mg/water solution with my first plant earlier this summer, and it made literally no difference. Is cannabis really that much of a fussy plant to grow? It's obviously possible, but I seem to be cursed.

What can I do to save my plants?

Would a picture be of any help?

2. Take some pictures man so we can see the plants.

3. You need to seperate those asap, they could be fighting for water/air. The light proly isnt enough, and they seem to be stretching, what light are you using?

4. I've been using a 100W (23W) fluorescent blub in my closet- I'm not really in a situation where i can use something like an HPS bulb. I do try and switch it over to a 275 W grow lamp in another location whenever i can, though.

5. Oops double post.

6. hmm. How can i best separate them without disturbing the roots?

7. well, i've since transplanted all three into individual, smaller pots; I kept each plant's roots in the soil "clump" they had grown into. I'm hoping this will do the trick.

8. yo dig, i seem to be having roughly the same problem.

I'm using the same soil from the same place.

My plants are seperated though and have there own light, but stuff is happening to them :(

Bummer for us.

9. i would say its most likely the soil. buy some fox farm