12/12 very early

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thosevacanteyes, May 2, 2008.

1. I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking about flowering times because my lease is up at my apartment in a few months. I thought I was going to be able to veg for a few more weeks, but as it turns out, my apartment complex can show my apartment to anyone without my consent after I give my 30 day notice(fuck.)

So I followed some advice given to me by a member here

Will I get a small amount at least?

-C

2. MJ isn't going to flower until it's sexually mature which takes about 4 weeks. Switching cycles sooner will expedite that a small bit at the expense of a lot of yield.

3. How old are your plants? Flowering them early will decrease the yeild but you'll still get something even if it's not much.

4. They are two weeks old, I just have to harvest before my lease is up, so I want to ensure at least 6 - 8 weeks of flowering

-C

5. Yeah, that will definitely decrease your yeild but if thats what you have to do theres nothing you can really do about it. Just hope for the best.

6. Now we're in a pickle aren't we?

Here's what I would suggest, because I've been in a similiar circumstance helping a friend out with his grow. To start, as stated, your plant must be mature enough to produce buds. I believe this is after the 5th or 6th set of leaves. If you have a large crop going, cut out the runts that are growing slower than the others. From then on out, you have to maximize your light source and capabilities, and I would suggest considering using ferts. When you are ready to flower, manipulate your light sources. Depending on what you have available you can mix both spectrums of light and manipulate your time scheldule as well to compensate for the time lost in veg. For example, we ran varrying scheldules per week depending where the plant was at, 12/12, 14/10, 10/14, and so on to help it continue growing while still budding. As long as you trip the plant into flowering, it will continue to flower as long as your hours don't vary too much. It will slow down veg. growth for sure, but it's better than nixing the project. Good luck in your adventures!

7. I can run 3 daylight cfls and 3 soft white at the same time. I only have two plants left, I kept the healthiest two.

-C