12/12 stretch question {red dragon}

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by frank drebin, Oct 24, 2010.

1. #1 frank drebin, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
    So its common knowledge that plants can double and even triple in height after the switch to 12 hours. Can they go more?
    Red dragon in particular. To me, in my dr60 its growing at a worrying rate, compared to my other two anyway. And dont get me wrong, im happy for it.

Doesnt seem alot but Ive had to switch to 12/12, 5 days earlier than planned. At the moment its just over 8inches @18/6 ,23 days.
    So taking that into account if it triples ive still a fairly safe 9 inches max to play with under my 250w hps.
    But if it decides to go more than 25/26 inches im in trouble, its not easy in a dr60 lol,
    so should i maybe start to give it a little lst, bend her over for a bit til the other two catch up ? Or leave it alone and supercrop ?:confused: Someting ive not really read up on.

Maybe be thinking too much but i dont want crispy red dragon buds:devious:
    Def no option of getting a better extraction or a cooltube typr setup. And my temps aint too bad.

It doesnt look alot from the pics, but compared to the other two it looks like it may cause me problems.

***Well bloddy typical, my usb cable aint for working for pics. But theres a pic of the rd down in my journal to give u an idea, but not the best, but you can see the difference.

Get pics up soon then.

Franks thanks.

2. I'm not familiar with the strain but if it's a heavy indica, you won't see much, if any stretching. If it's a sativa dominant (or pure sativa) you'll see much more stretching. I threw an 8" pure sativa in flowering. it's now over 4' tall and it still have 3 months or more until harvest. I also have a heavy indica that was put in at a little over 6" tall and is now, with healthy fat buds on it, only 10".

3. perfect example of the potential of this plant , looking at it from both ends.

As far as i know its mostly sativa dominant. But still short as far as sativa doms go.

After a bit more reading, i think its in my best intrests to start to tie down and make some room for her one way or another.

4. I vote you let it ride out for a bit, and try super cropping if you have to, suppercropping seems to work fairly well for those who practice it.

5. I have an 80% sativa that more than trippled. I switched lights at 20" and 18". So 60" should be maximun, 5'. Bitches are right around 6'. My light is as high as I can raise it lol. Luckily it stopped growing taller though :)

6. :wave: I've grow Red dragon, at the sametime as I grew thier LSD and Bluecheese. The Red dragon is the most Sativa dom out of the ones I grew, she got taller and also went the longest before harvest. Even the high is very Sativa.

I got good results when I tied them down, the Red dragon did yield the most too :D. I would tie her and supercrop the tallest branches if you need to. Good luck

7. i;m runnin; lsd and red dragon now

both ae straight to flower...no veg time

the lsd
    [​IMG]

lsd bud
    [​IMG]

red dragon
    [​IMG]
    dragon bud
    [​IMG]

barneys is great gear ..would reccommend to anyone...they realy stink:D

8. #8 frank drebin, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
    Nice one, thanks for the responses all. Much apprieciated.

For now im just gonna ride it out like you suggested Housefullofweed. Also been doin some reading up on supercropping, as i dare say il have to start doing some at some point in the future.

Heres a few pics, It doesnt look alot, but everyday i go in there at lights on and see that red dragon im like... shit:eek:!

rd304.jpg

That pic ^... at the very top of that, thats where my two stems from topping are only starting to grow out, only about 2 inches or so off the main stem atm. Which is kinda worrying.

Photo0310.jpg < Red dragon at the back.

On this pic... Photo0307.jpg ..... the bottom of my reflector is to roughly mark how much headspace i have left {above that is a fairly safe 12inches im taking into account for bulb to canopy}.

So with a rough guesstiamte, Is it possible it will fil out that space just nicely, or is there a chance it will go beyond that?
    What you guys think ?

And being only 3 days into 12/12 its still early doors.

Thanks again for the input.
    :wave:

Damn nice plants Deacon. And considering no veg time. Wow.
    Just wish everyone would chill the fuck out and let me grow my plants outdooors lol

9. thanks bro...was iust messin'///wrong time..no planning..just had ta see what they could do...your plant looks fine...let the genetics work....she will grow;)

10. Thats what im worried about lol :p