12/12 Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OhFuhQ, Nov 27, 2006.

1. well..4 nights ago i gave my cousin one of my plants to look after , its 2-3 weeks into flowering & for the past 2 nights he hasnt gotten home till late , first night the plant had 12h 30m light , then tonight it had 13h light , he feels like he let me down so hes bringing it back over tomorrow , will this fuck up production , im cool with a couple of seeds.

+rep worthy

2. No, as long as these were the only violations of the light schedule.

What about moving the plants back and forth -- that's not going to be dark if done during the dark cycle nor much light if done during the light cycle. Seems to me you run a much greater risk of messing up the plant by moving it than any minor and occasional variations of the light schedule would.

Keep in mind that the key to triggering flowering hormones is extended darkness, 12 hours or more. So if the light cycle goes on too long then don't shorten the dark to stay on the same clock, instead keep the dark at 12 hours and the next day's start of light cycle will be later. You can end that light cycle back on the regular time to get your light schedule back in sync with the clock.

3. thanks man , & yeah i think ill call him in a min , i told him he could keep it but i guess he feels like he fucked up , +rep

ah damnit , gotta spread it around , ill get to it whenever i can

4. why not put it on timer, can't f#%k-up that way.

5. yea, a 10$ timer is worth its weight in gold.

6. I hear that power companies look for a 12 hour light cycle i heard somewhere on these forums b.c power does it to catch potential growers this true? im to paranoid about this stuff lol thank god i dont live in the states,

7. They don't track your daily usage, as far as I know, they can't. But they would spot something like 4 weeks veg, 8 weeks flower, repeat. It's those longer cycles that give the game away.

Another good reason to have separate veg and flowering chambers running continuously.

-mu

8. shit a new computer will use as much as a 400 hps system and I know a lot of ppl who leave them on 24/7. Power companies are in the biz of making money, unless your electric bill jumps a $200 in a month, their not even going to look at you. Most ppl have regular jumps/spikes in electric use that is similar to growing, don't see the cops knocking their door down.

9. You would have to be running a seriously big operation for the light cycles to show up as a definitive pattern on the power bill. If anyone is even checking, that is.

10. hi again mate,

You can get a cheap timer from homebase or B&Q for less than £5 ;)