12 12 not till September 24 here! Wait that long to switch to flowering!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gdub51, Jun 18, 2017.

1. My fertilizer instructions say to switch to "Bloom" food at the 12 hours light/Dark point. Well that's not till September 24 here in LA! Yet my plants are already in preflower (6-18)! Solstice is this Wednesday. Isn't that a better timing for the switch? Since most talk about more than a month in flower, that would mean if I waited till 12 12 in Sept. to switch would translate to a harvest in November and December! Something is wrong with these directions. Who has the real skinny please enlighten me. Remember, this is an OUTDOOR discussion so no, the plants can't be moved inside to artificially change the light timing and why should I? Isn't the natural way the way to go? My plants are saying NOW, what do you say?

2. I say send us a photo.

3. When growing outdoor, the 12/12 light thing doesn't work. The plant is on it's natural schedule. Wait for real flowers to start and the plant will start it's stretch. That's when you start your flower nutrients. Finish times are dictated by latitude and strain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Your serious Mr.Fooey? And what will happen to the 30 + flowers per plant? Which show no signs of returning to veg. They seem to have just paused with slow flower development. (see end) Natural 12/12 at 9-24 does mean I'm still pulling the last flowers at Thanksgiving then lets say a month in drying/processing translates to first harvest taste is for xmas dinner? That would just give me three months off before starting next year sprouting the first day of spring. Correct? end; So I'm just gonna let em ride and start the swing to flower fert. after some PH'd tap water flush. Real CA weather is here and now the enemy seems to be heat. That's probably why these spoiled girls have kept their panties on. Or perhaps they can feel me taking clones from down low and they're nervous. Starting to pick out her outfit for the prom.....I know she'll be pretty, and the dance is coming sooner than you think.

5. Yeah - with an outdoor grow you can't manipulate the weather like you can indoors.
    You just gotta let nature take its course... literally. They're done when nature says so.

6. So it looks like two harvests from these. I don't know why not. I don't want to cut all of them. They're at every growth tip now. I'll keep all informed.

7. @Gdub51
    First off 14.5 is the actual trigger for most cannabis strains. 12-12 is just a handy number inside growers use and nothing to do with outside growing.
    Clones and early flowing is more the normal then not and I've fought it for years. Nothing you can do now but let them finish. They may pull out and veg more but the more indica sided ones likely won't.
    Mid August they'll be flowering and you'll harvest come mid to late Oct no matter what.
    I'm So Cal and run 4 sets of plants per year with our lack of any real cold.
    Jan 1st = Harvest, Take new cuts and set out fully vegged plants from my veg shed.
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Same
    Oct 15th = Same
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    How I get it done.
    BNW