12-12 Grow! (Solo Cup Grow)

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by YngMacc, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Guaranteed to have pistols forming by 6 weeks

My autos started at around day 32-33, to show white pistol hairs

2. LED on and they’re loving life.

I just made an organic fertilizer with 1/4 tablespoon Molasses and 6 egg shells.
    ppm 225 i’m going to test it later next week on one plant when it needs its next watering.

[​IMG]

3. Egg shells aren’t doing anything. They’re good to compost but take too long to break down to provide nutrition.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Good 2 know

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #26 MickFoster, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Your plants look deficient and severely stunted for 17 days old. Also the soil looks like mud which means there is no oxygen in the root zone. Too late now but you should have added about 30% perlite.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Your seedlings look overwatered, did you add any drainage holes to those cups?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Woah makes sense tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Yeah three on each bottom, I have the extra water run off onto a Tupperware that the plants sit in is that maybe the reason for the low oxygen in the soil?

9. Are you saying that the cups sit in the run off?

10. Yeah if they are sitting in another container then the water cant really drain properly. If you wanted the tray to catch runoff you need to elevate the cups on something. Try a layer of perlite/gravel/small rocks in the Tupperware under the cup, or an elevated screen, anything to get them out of the standing water.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #32 GoldGrower, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    You really don't want the pots sitting in water, they aren't bog plants, they need very dry soil. Empty out all run off straight away when watering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yes.

13. That makes sense tbh

14. Day: 38

3 Girls are tiny, I lost 2 plants due to the fact of them being male.

I’m topping these girls about once a week and I’m lollipoping like crazy to focus the energy to the top.

Pre-flowers are showing and I’ve finally started to feed them actual liquid nutrients
    They’ve only got one feed PH too 6.0 and new growth has started rapidly growing.

Each plant has two main leading steams with multiple nodes growing from random places.

In conclusion I’m pretty happy with what’s happening I just wish they would grow faster.
    Stunted growth is definitely a huge factor but they are too small to become root bound already.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Those plants are 38 days old? :eek: Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. My cold climate also plays a huge roll, bad seeds doesn’t help either.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Man, something is wrong, they look 5 days old

18. Might slow down some slugs and bugs

• Like Like x 1