12/12 from seed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by one spot, Aug 17, 2017.

1. can i di this with any seed. i assune you sprout them, then once youve potted them you start the 12/12. just had a male so starting again, any advice would be great.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You can't run 12/12 from seed you need to do research homie you need 18/6 to 24/7 tell they veg large enough to 12/12 them besides all that your light needs to be at least 150 actual watts to support the plant finish to end I would get at least a 250-600 watt light your choice led cfl hps whatever you choose do some research don't just start head in first that's a mistake

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You can run 12/12 from seed if you like but there is no purpose to it because a plant won't go into flower until it's mature enough. All you would be doing is depriving the plant of much needed light for growth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. And almost no yeild from it

5. sweet. cheers for that. i just see a lot of posts about plants done 12/12 from seed. thought it might be feasible. might give this one a crack on 18/6.

6. Like others said already, you can do it but out doesn't make sense. Veg it 18-6 for minimum 2 weeks where your plant would have enough energy production to fuel flower.

Check out my first grow log:

First ever grow: How do the girls look?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had 7 bagseed plants under 12/12 from seed. Yield was a bit over 4 ounces. They took up like 1/4 of my 4x4.. so if I had filled the space.. we'd be looking at one pound every 2.5 months or so..

I don't recommend switching to 12/12 until they're mature enough to flower, but that's certainly not "almost no yield"

8. That's okay I guess but that's nothing compared to the autos I pull in that time frame or less at around 2.5lbs in a 4x4 under led but photos have the potential to produce lbs in the same area per plant

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wicked!! ill have a read up when i get home. i didnt make a log for my last plant so i reckon ill try that next time too so i know what ive done.