12/12 From Seed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChrisH420, Apr 24, 2017.

1. OK guys if you have already seen this plant on my prior post i have IMPORTANT UPDATES. I was not the one to set up the lights . i was in charge of getting seeds prepared and soil etc etc. wellll i found out the other day that i have ben doing a 12/12 from seed grow. it wasnt an 18/6 to 12/12 its ben 12/12 since its first days of life. so in result will be a tall plant with some bud along the stalk ( ive researched alot about 12/12 from seed ) .

my only question is should i wait for buds to come or go to 18/6 for a bit?

Heres a few pictures of the best one i got going.( the picture with water droplets was 2 days ago from today ) i have 2 but the second one is in a battle right now. this is my youngest plant id say about a month and a half almost 2 months old. for a 12/12 plant its doing terrific! so i just thought id update all of you who were concerned about its being and looks. this will not be the classic looking pot plant like you thought . still no signs of gender tho crossin my fingers for a little girl!!

stay frosty everyone!

Attached Files:

2. Looks pretty healthy, unfortunate that you started it under 12/12, but I've done it myself and had some pretty decent results. Good luck!

3. yea, it wasnt intended to start at 12/12 at all. when i first planted these i wasnt as educated about light cycles and growing in general so we just did an even cycle and popped some germinated seeds in and got these. now that ive done my fair share of research i know that we should have done 18/6 for a month or two then to 12/12 , but for a closet grower like me i am very proud of these plants and i am kinda glad it wont be a giant monster as i do not have the supplies to keep a monster strong and healthy especially in flowering stage

4. You could probaly switch it to 18/6 and be ok.

5. is it a real pain if they were started under 12/12 and you switch to 18/6 after like 2 weeks? i only have one space to grow and needed to start seeds but the current crop was finishing flower...

6. I'm a noob so please don't judge my opinion but I was looking at a YouTube vid and dude was saying if the node spacing is more than about an inch and a half two inches from the next node more than likely it's a male...is this true??? I know lack of lighting makes them stretch but I bought some reg seeds and three of them have nodes spaced apart like 2 inches idk

7. That's just from the stretching. I have clones right now stretched out like that and they are obviously female lol.

As for OP I'd personally flip to 18/6. They are in veg as it is so it shouldn't stress them.

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Right on yea I have mines at 15/9 I'm going to lst in a bit charging my drill bit lol post pics soon dude if I get major yield I'm sending you a souvenir lol thanks robbieboy123

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. The amount of space will not tell u if it's a male or female.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. Again that's what the video was saying well he guy....and so on.....easy on me geez

11. Stop watching YouTube vids of people that don't know what they're talking about ;)

Males typically grow taller, faster, and show their sex before females. This is so the males can pollinate the females quickly. And they grow taller so that the pollen is more likely to get stuck to the female's pistils when the pollen sacs open. However you should never use any of this information alone to determine the sex of a plant.

12. I didn't say anything like what the guy said on the vid.
    Having a tall or short plant is about the training to the plant or the type of plant.
    Yeah if you have weak light and have the light too far away, the plant will stretch..male or female...but typically, the males are taller.

• Like Like x 1
  13. so does anyone have an idea on what gender this ones gunna be haha

14. we got a female ! not this plant but my other. check it out just posted about it!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's if the other one didn't pollinate that one yet. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. if the plant is a month and a half to 2 months old you need more light