12/12 from seed help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gnome802, Aug 9, 2010.

1. how big would my plants get if i go straight 12/12 from seed, what kind of yield should i expect?
    Set-up 4 27watt cfl's(for now)(8 more coming gonna build a setup like i saw in the diy section) 1 bagseed just planted (will add more as they germ) in a cabinet about 30inch wide 22in tall and 20in deep, also how many plants could I fit in there if i were to just go 12/12 from seed?

2. You could set up a SOG(sea of green) They will get about 1 to 2 feet tall without topping I would guess....depending on strain.

How ever many pots you can fit in your space is how many plants should fit (without topping) Have to account for 50/50 chance of males also, so you wont be able to use all of your space after you get rid of the males.

Actually might want to do some LST'ing (do a search..LBH started one I believe) That way you can maximize your space when you weed out the males.

3. #3 billy blunter, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    there a widow in my gallery i done from seed it didnt last full term 8 out of 10 weeks. not enuf leaves to sustain it and extra nutes didnt help. it yielded me 1/2 oz of nice stuff tho. waste of a seed tho had way more if potential. maybe if you got an extra 1foot square goin spare to fill a gap go for it. TIP if do keep on top of nutes only tip burn no more. see how that helps with when she draws on leaves half way thru. otherwise it waste away like mine nearly died. so had to chop.:wave: i rkn about 8 plants in that space but veg for atleast a week under 24hr light or 3-4 nodes, should be more but personally 12" or 10+ nodes. you get more off 1 big plant than 3 little ones, if i were you 4 pots & do a 4way lst on 4 plants an keep topping 4 goes to 8. 8 goes to 16. 16 goes to 32 flower heads, keeps it low. better light penertration for cfls what i use. google 4way lst it not that hard really.

4. it could really get any size at 12/12 from seed. It's mostly about the strain. At full 12/12 your plant will germ then veg till it reaches maturity to flower then it will start to flower. The only real answer I feel you can get to your question is that it just wont grow anything close to it's potential.

full 12/12 from seed will speed you up for an earlier harvest but the thing to consider is that It will take 2+ months of flower time (this dont start till you start getting pistils) a weed dry time, and 4 weeks cure time. Already investing 13 weeks, your should invest an extra 2 weeks minimum or 3 weeks advised for strait veg time wich will at the very least double if not triple your end yield. Regret comes from investing a lot of money and time and wishing you had let your plant veg for 3 short weeks.

As for your space... You seem very restricted on hight wich would almost require you to go with 12/12 from seed for the smaller plant but even this can cause tallness from stretching while it's trying to veg in darkness for the first couple weeks. I'd really have to suggest a scrog for your hight issue as there is no other way to get a decent plant to remain short. This will need that veg time to build your scrog plant too.

I'd go with a mother plant and learn to clone really well if you want to go all 12/12 from the start. With clones, you can do a sea of green with lots of clones in small pots to simply grow as a single cola each. This can be very effective if you do a perpetual grow with something like 12 plants growing all at different stages.

5. Depending on the strain you could get 1-2 grams to 1-2 oz if you know what you're doing.