12/12 from seed CFL question. First grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kush monster, Mar 21, 2013.

1. #1 Kush monster, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    Hey gc this is my first grow and I've decided to do 12/12 from seed with some bagseeds for my first grow just to get my fingers dirty. I'm going to be using 3-5 23w CFL bulbs. I know you use 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower. But sense I'm going 12/12 from seed what mixture of the two should I use to keep my plant small but still be able to get some personal stash. Please no just do it regularly responses. I've chosen this for fun and just seeing what I'm capable of doing.

2. 2x 6500k and 2x 2700k until it starts showing some pistols. Then take 1 6500k out and replace it with a 2700k. Then leave it like that for the rest of flower. Also, I'd recommend 42 watt cfl

3. Thanks a lot. And ill try to bump it up a little with the wattage but my space is limited.

4. Well maybe Keep the wattage low at first then once she (hopefully) shows some pistols, raise the wattage to let her flowers abosorb more light. That way, you wont outgrow your space while youre waiting for pistols to show by giving a ton of light. But the final product will be nice and dense.

5. Thanks. Yeah I'm running into a temperature problem so trying to keep the wattage lower.

6. How big is your grow area?

7. I have a very very ghetto homemade box. Measurments are 28h x 14w x 7d....all inches. I was thinking of ordering.some indica dominant strain seeds after I get a plant or two under my belt.

8. itll take at least 3 weeks to get preflowers