12/12 Fertilizer when to switch?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SouthFLgrower, May 6, 2009.

1. Whats up to all the growers out there. I just moved a couple of my biggest plants to 12/12 about a week ago. ( 2 females showing hairs, 1 male showing balls, trying to bring myself to kill it) I had them on 24 16 6 ferts and they seemed to love it. I read that flowering plants love a high p fertilizer like 10 20 10 or something around that. When should I switch my fertilizer for them? Can I still give a dash of the high N plant food along with the high p food? I don't want to just starve them of the nitrogen they have been getting.

2. ok for the first two weeks of fowering i do use N in my mix but by the third week I use 0% of N the leaves do turn alittle by week 9 of flowering but it gives my plants thick heavy buds..I use hydro it is aliitle differnt for soil but the N in the soil will stay around longer than in hydro so I would go to high P and K content now with alittle N but by your third week go to 0 % N..

3. Using something like a 10-20-10 is perfect for flowering. It gives them the extra kick they need for bud production, but still gives them a sustainable amount of nitrogen. Remember that some yellowing of leaves towards the end is natural and shows that the plant has effectively used its nutes. Adding a tablespoon of molasses per gallon of water helps too. It adds nutrients (carbohydrates) to the soil that feed the beneficial bacteria.

4. Some of the big fertilizer companies have a transition feeding program on their online nutrient calculators. They recommend a combination of grow and veg nutes for a couple of weeks as the plants transition to flowering, then full bloom nutes till the end.

5. Yea that nitrogen is for plant growth. When flowering, the plant quits producing large fan leaaves ,giving the rest of the energy to bud production thats why you need potassium during flower.

6. :laughing:and if none of that works, try giving her some Brawndo...it's got what plants crave...it's got electrolytes!:laughing:

I have no good stores around me I'm trying some dissolved miracle grow sticks with a 6-12-6 ratio...good luck South