12/12 experiment

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SC4R3CR0W, May 28, 2020.

1. That’d be nice but I’m growing in a can so I can’t really do it. At least not at my skill level. But a solid idea. Anyone think of some cool names for her. Since she’s just a rando bagseed from some gas

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

2. Absolutely up to you on that, but before you do anything you'll want to LST for sure

I'd say it depends on if you're going to top her or not, because is she's topped I can tell you from my very recent experience with Satty that the first node branches can indeed catch up to and grow as good as the higher branches, even tho some people say to get rid of them no matter what

However if you aren't topping I'd say to yes get rid of the lower stuff because they might not catch up and produce in the way they would if topped

So,

LST + topping = defoliate

Only LST = remove lower branches + minor defoliation

If you're gonna take off any branches you'll want to do it asap to focus her energy elsewhere sooner

• Like Like x 1
  3. #43 SC4R3CR0W, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Just some pics for a update. Kinda stressed that I have white specks on all the leaves. And her drooping is still bothering me. She was leaning due to her skinny stalk. So I got her straight with a landscaper stake. Looked at her “hairs” and decided to take some better shots so you better tell who she is. Lastly was trying to figure out the the speck problem and I concluded that it’s because she’s heat stressed so I I moved her a little bit further away from the light and kicked my ac on for a min to try and cool it down. Damn it hot out here in the south
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 1
  4. Update: day 26, creeping up on day 30 of true 12/12. She’s looking good. Changed some bulbs that are slightly weaker but run a lot cooler. She’s seeming like a good compact plant over all. Still not sure if I should take any leaves off her. What do y’all think? Also fed some bloom nutrients. Tiger bloom with cal mag water. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 1
  5. Update: day 34 of true 12/12. She was trimmed after I posted the previous update. Removed all the leaves I felt were unnecessary. Waited a while to post so she could get some recovery time. This is her after the fact. Lots of hairs everywhere. Top to bottom. I’m excited to see how far she’ll be in another week or so. Should have better bud site development. Gonna let her run another 4-5days before I decide to remove any more leaves. [​IMG] IMG_0631.JPG IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG IMG_0635.JPG

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 3
  6. First grow ive checked out on here and its looking good.

How tall is that thing?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Subbed up and watching. Lookin' good. Keep doing what you're doing and let's see what happens.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for joining us. She’s probably about 10” tall just guessing. I’ll measure later thanks again for checking out my thread. It’s true 12/12.

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thank you for subbing. Excited to see the final results should be interesting at the least

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 1
  10. to me its crazy its only 12inch. even with the 12/12 id figure it be twice that in a month at least.

11. I used a blurple light and accidentally heat stressed it. So it made it a little short

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 2
  12. Update : day 40 of true 12/12 from seed. She seems to be doing well despite battling the heat and humidity out here. Seems to have pistils exploding out all over. I regret not taking the advice to lst. But it’s too late now. The lowest branches were long enough to bend and stake down. Hopefully the buds fatten up a little bit more soon. I’m anxious to see more of the bud shape filled out. Gave her a feeding of tiger bloom nutrients hopefully that helps the buds get bigger. Like always lmk what you think. Thanks. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  13. I love that all your leaves are 3 finger, looks so cool! I had one that had an insane amount of 2 finger leaves I loved it, impregnated the fuck out of her xD

Yeah LST definitely would've been a good choice, however thankfully your space allows you to do this where as it is mandatory for me

You might be able to bend the top down, and, if you think it's worth it you can slowly bend it down, starting with as much as she can take without naturally resisting, then every few days adjust it if possible then leave it on when you cant change it anymore

Unsure if it will help but it's worth a try I think, in any case she looks good otherwise

The last resort is super cropping but I wouldn't suggest that for sativas (she looks like she leans towards sativa dominant) in case they herm, I have no doubt my current would if I did it to her

Just gotta work with what you've got it's all about figuring your space out, I spent maybe 6 months tweaking my setup before I actually got to grow a proper female recently

• Like Like x 1
  14. im about to start a game of Croquet with you supports there lol

looks great!!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Top quality content right there my friend

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thanks guys. And yeah I’m at the point where I gave up on the idea of lst. Just letting her grow. Kinda like the 3finger leaves. I was reading somewhere that this could be a ruderalis I think it’s called there like natural occurring auto flowers. Idk if mines that but if it is that would explain the 3finger gene.

How much longer you think before the recognizable bud shape starts showing? And are all the calyx’s spread all over with hairs bursting out gonna turn into buds? Thanks for all the help and support. Excited as she keeps growing

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lol Watch out for my stem bro! ‍♂️

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

18. if you would of had a fan with speed of 5 on it to make that stem FAT AS FUCK......i maybe would of changed my swing to get buy it lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lol nah the fans I’m currently using are usb powered mini desktop fans

• Like Like x 1
  20. USB????? you running your whole grow of you desktop??? lol

Jees time have changed lol

• Funny Funny x 1