12/12 experiment

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SC4R3CR0W, May 28, 2020.

1. #21 SC4R3CR0W, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Update: day 14. She’s still chugging along. Got some more healthy looking growth. Still debating on whether or not to LST her. But for now I’ll just let her grow. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. For sure man i wouldnt be anything honestly. Like a control test.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #23 SC4R3CR0W, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Update: day 15. a little grow spurt. Lol sorta. But she still looking ok just mainly watching her. I gave her a heavy watering for her size about 3days ago. Just regular cal mag water. So she has some drying to do. These bulbs I’m using seem to be doing a decent job of keeping her stable. But man they get hot. Not cfl hot but still more than I’d like. Been turning on the window unit in that room to keep her in the mid 70’s. But that’s also at peak heat hours it’s better at night. But thanks for those following along.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Update: day 16. [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Day 17. IMG_0582.JPG

6. Good shit, growth is looking good

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks. I’ve noticed that even on strictly 12/12 it’s still progressing well. Hopefully I’ll know if she’s a she soon.

8. So what are the potential benefits other than good root growth? And are you going the whole way 12/12? Does it go through photosynthesis or is it an autoflower?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. He's doing 12/12 from seed so he can finish as soon as possible, he has a deadline he would like to meet if possible

The word you're looking for is photoperiod (all plants do photosynthesis) and yes those are what his seeds are, autos typically get 18/6 their whole life

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh right. Well that's a bit sad actually. Period, cheers you know what i mean. Not many scientist out here in the bush. Dont really even have names for some shit. Just swear words in different tones. So to be clear the synthisis parts the act of taking in light n the period is duration? Fuck its like im back at school. I got kicked out in bloody yr 8 for bein a lil cunt. Hope i dont offend ppl n the ignore me all over again. I smoke weed for the ptsd they caused me... HAHAHHAA... we call that takin the piss.

11. Lol you're allgood mate, we're all here to help each other out

Yeah, photosynthesis is when plants turn light into energy/food, and photoperiod, at least in terms of weed means that it reacts to light and dark cycles but yes that will be what the period part means

School sucks, I didnt get kicked out but I left as soon as I could at 15

And as for this thread, yeah it is a bit sad but it's allgood I'm pretty sure he will be going back to vegging then flipping after this run he's definitely got the space to

I'm doing a 12/12 from seed currently too however it's purely because I already have a flowering plant a month older than it so I had no choice, otherwise I'd do a minimum of 2 weeks before flipping (I'm in a PC case so super small to begin with)

12. Yep doing a bag seed run. Basically dicking around till I can get serious with fem seeds. Or maybe a auto.

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

13. So not to sound like a dick in a way i was right. For the 12 hrs there is no "synthisis"

14. So does your plant go 12/12 now all the way or switch up n down... and if switch, is it sudden or over a few days? Im really curious about this aspect actually.

15. Basically this is what I did. I started my first one a while back with one of the many seeds I found while cleaning my smoke box. I built a simple grow chamber out of a 32gal trashcan andran it on a normal photo cycle. Minimum of 30days veg on 18/6 then flip to 12/12. This was mainly for learning don’t wanna waste good paid for seeds. My lack of experience was showing as my plant ended up getting sick. Overwatering and shitty MG soil was killing it. Then I reported it in a better medium and nursed it back. Thanks to @Daxxy and some others. But it still failed cause it turned male. So I immediately started over the same day I ripped up the male. I didn’t even change the soil lol I just put a new seed in and flushed it with cal mag water with a little bit of nutrients mixed in. Left the time on 12/12. And just left it alone. After 6 days she broke ground and she’s been on 12/12 since.

Also She’s not expected to grow tall or even yield a lot. I mainly was doing some random research on lighting cycles and stumbled across a debate on 12/12 and saw it kind was one of those things where some say it’s worth it and some say it’s not. So I decided I was gonna do that if my first one failed. Which it did. Badly. So I said fuck it. Science time. All in all I think she looks decent for how old she is. Especially cause she’s not getting a long light period during her veg stage.

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

16. Also I am headed for a trip soon for my brothers bachelor party so I wanted to surprise him with some homegrown gas. But if she’s not even at bare minimum quality then I’m just gone leave her to run. I won’t be gone but like 4 days.

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 1
  17. Update: day 20. She’s looking goo. Some leaves look wrinkled but I’m not sure why. Watered her yesterday so I’m let her ride it out for a couple days to eliminate over doing it. Also lowered her a bit in the can so she will be a little further away from the heat the lights put off. Anyways. @Daxxy or anyone for that matter, can tell if I’m close to gender reveal yet? I think I see hairs but I think that’s just me being optimistic lol lmk thanks. IMG_0587.JPG IMG_0589.JPG

Tried to snap a pic of the questionable hair but camera wouldn’t focus.

IMG_0591.JPG

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 1
  18. Awesome! Leaves look fine to me, I wouldn't worry unless they look deformed, sometimes they go a little wavy for no reason it's fine

I can see the "hair" in the first picture, it is thin and white so definitely female, sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between a sack and a calyx but as soon as you see the white hair you know you've got a female

However just wait a few days and you'll know for sure yourself

• Like Like x 1
  19. looks great
    you could pull off a good yield doing 12/12 with a sativa strain in a SOG setup

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sweet. I’m excited now to see what she produces. Thanks for the tip on the leaves. I was kinda thinking that too. Another question should I keep those huge ass fan leaves or snip what’s below it when she developed a little bit more.

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️