12/12->18/6

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SCC Kris, Oct 26, 2012.

1. #1 SCC Kris, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
    Question: I have 12 Sour Diesel seedlings almost all 9 days old from see going 12/12 since day 1, would it reacts bad if I switched to 18/6 lighting schedule to switch from 12/12 to vegging than flowering?

Would it be more be better than going 12/12, using a 400w hps bulb, I only have HPS can I still veg with it?

Attached Files:

2. Bump bump bump smoking on some purple kushh!

3. OK, I'll say it... what?

4. I dunno why u started at 12/12, but I'm sure they'll be fine if u switch them to 18/6 ASAP. 9 days in the plants are sensitive, but wouldnt be "flowering" anyways.

Good luck, unless they are auto flower, I would veg for a little bit to your liking.

Correct me if I'm wrong y'all, but I'm pretty sure switching to veg cycle now will be just fine, don't wait too long to switch.

5. #5 hypercardriac, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
    =) oops...

6. To clarify I originally wanted to start a 12/12 from seed but now I actually want to veg so the yield is better in the long run it was a stupid question 9 days shouldn't be a problem.

question: 24/0 or 18/6 and why ?

7. 18/6. 24/0 is fine too but the off time allows the plant to use the energy its getting for photosyn and use it for growing.

8. I went with both and i feel personally that the plants thrive more with a dark period.. I do know that plants breathe in co2 and give off oxygen, however, at night they do just the opposite... they give off co2 so after the lights come back on they actually have a small supply... though minimal, it is better than what you get with a 24 hour cycle... in the same note, i have read multiple times that the co2 production drops off at 6 hours and any longer would be pointless which is where the 18/6 comes into play.... everyone has there preference on the subject and there will be excellent arguements from both sides so you really have to go with what your gut keeps leaning towards... one other plus is you can have the lights off in the peak heat hours of summer in order to help with temp control... do it man, you wont be sorry... my opinion, they show preflower sooner and have better overall uniformity... in short, what he said =)

9. [quote name='"SCC Kris"']

To clarify I originally wanted to start a 12/12 from seed but now I actually want to veg so the yield is better in the long run it was a stupid question 9 days shouldn't be a problem.

question: 24/0 or 18/6 and why ?[/quote]

No such thing as a stupid question!

Just do the 18/6, its like "industry standard". Don't overfeed, or overwater, and have fun watching them bitches grow fast!