12,000-year-old unexplained structure

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by FoundationNow, Mar 4, 2012.

1. What do you guys think about this ancient structure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0ViMVxKZA&feature=related]12,000-year-old unexplained structure - YouTube[/ame]

2. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

3. The first three post were ancient aliens memes, totally saw that coming. :laughing:

4. [​IMG]

5. No such thang as aliens bro..whoever listens to that hair dude...would believe anything

6. [​IMG]

7. This is Gobekli Tepe, right? I'm too lazy to watch the video

It's an interesting place. Mankind was still in its hunter-gatherer phase, and according to conventional anthropology was not yet established in groups large enough to have a spiritual center, like Gobekli Tepe. It is believed that large group spirituality did not come around until after the advent of agriculture, which I believe is dated a full 2000 years after Gobekli Tepe was built.

It's interesting that these stone circles pop up all over the landscape there, too. There's not just one. Some were even covered over and a smaller replica put on top, sometimes 4 or 5 times.

Mankind was moving from animism/spiritism into higher, more sophisticated forms of spirituality, which Gobekli Tepe represents with it's faceless Deity figures and carved animals. I see nothing about Gobekli Tepe that indicated that mankind could not have built it.

8. Pretty fucking cool, I wish i could go back in time :(