11 seeds planted... 1 sprout. help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigBud42O, Jun 17, 2012.

1. So I germed 11 bagseeds all came out good. Planted them in some soil and put them in my closet until they sprouted. Two sprouted so I put them on my windowsill. Best I could do. I came back and the one died and the rest didn't even sprout. Wtf. I have one that's living but she looks unhealthy, those round leaves that first come out are drooping and she has her first set of true leaves but they are small af. I think all my problems are because of the soil, it was just some soil with time released nutes that I got from a pot in my backyard... I know.. Stupid. Also the plants root was above the soil. Maybe that's why its unhealthy? I made a hole and gently put the root in and covered it. So now basically I just want this plant to grow. At first I was supposed to have a good amount of money to do this.. But shit hit the fan. So now I have $30 max to keep this baby alive and healthy. So I'm thinking of 2 options.

1- spend 30 on a alright CFL setup and give that baby some real light

2- spend 30 on good soil and some nutes and give the plant light fromt the sun

Or one more could be buy one cheap ass cfl and also get some good soil. What's the min. Watts to keep 1 plant alive? And how do I transplant this small ass seedling to some better soil without hurting her? I just need help guys, thanks.

2. Is it going to be an indoor or outdoor plant?

If you're just starting it indoors then some good soil and a couple of CFL's will do but if you're keeping it indoors and want bud then you're going to have to do some more spending.

3. Its an outdoor plant. I just want to get it going before putting it out. So should I buy a simple 23w cfl and spend the rest on soil nutes ect? Will 1 23w suffice?

4. Bump.. Can I have more answers?

5. First mistake was using pre nuted soil. Sometimes it works out usually ends in fail and then the issues from that hit are very random so everything can be fine then holy hell breaks loose.

If your using pre nuted soil theres no reason to add nutes anytime soon. Youll probably just kill it. How those soils work is there are little orbs that are filled with nutes. They have varying thickness to there shells that dissolve over time as you water it. Thats the problem you never know when.

Cannabis is very resilient but its nute sensitive.

Id spend 30 bucks on good soil and nutes. Usually rule of thumb is 100 watts for first plant 50w for each additional..more is usually always better.

6. Hey man thanks so much for replying. I know I messed up with the pre nuted soil. Its my first grow but I'm trying to learn. So if I go tomorrow do you think I should spend the 30 on good soil and nutes? How would I transplant this small seedling into the other soil without hurting it? I fear enough damage has already been done from the nuted soil and the whole root above ground thing. And if I spend my money on soil and nutes. What about lights? Windowsill for a few days then outdoor spot? My outdoors spot get about 12 hours direct sunlight. That seems a bit much for a seedling.. Sorry for rambling I just want to have a successful grow under my belt

7. Well Id just wait it out with that one and when its bigger transplant it. Kinda hard now. Seedlings are exceedingly fragile in that stage and no root structure so if its damaged got a wasted plant.

If it doesnt make then take it all as a lesson learned. Its best even if you have to wait to have everything you need available.

Pre Nuted soil though does work for alot of people but the majority it seems is fail.

Try out Fox Farms or Pro Mix soil cant go wrong with either. They sell them at your local hydro store or you can mail order from a place like Grow Lights by High Tech Garden Supply | Your Online Hydroponics Store

8. Ok man. Thanks for all the advice. So I'm thinking I'm going to buy some cfls and give it 24 hour long light to try to get it strong. And buy some better soil when its big enough to transplant. But one more question, what honestly do you think the survival rate of my plant is? Considering everything that has happened.

9. Hard question to answer all sorts of stuff happens to cannabis and it can pull throw. Dont sweat it once you start youll be doing this for years to come! We all make crazy mistakes.