11 on 13 off flowering cycle

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Czian1216, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Hey guys not sure if this belongs in lighting or here. But basically i was poking around an another websites forum and discovered a little gem that was supported by alot of feedback saying that an 11/13 light cycle lets plants develop more of the phenotypes characteristics, such as pigment aka purple strain genetics instead of lower temps, and also better overall development. I appreciate any feedback you experienced blades can throw my way.
    -Good Growin' Guys

2. Might be why you found it in "other" forums. 18/6 and 12/12 and that's it. But hell try it out, clones from same mother, side by side with 12/12, and report back with results. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Well i have run the 11/13 method on r strains and it seems to have worked great except i notice that less bud sites develop in the first two weeks of flowering with 12/12 that said i feel in every other way the my plants in the 11/13 room are very similar to those in my 12/12 room. Didnt take clones from a mother for the 12/12 room but instead ran the same strain from seed as 2 of the 4 in the 11/13 room. Overall would say that the 11/13 effect deserves a better look at trying at the end of the grow cycle since it is i less effective than 12/12 in the begining of flowering. Didnt remember about this post until dark hours:(. Will post pics relatively shortly

4. *less bud sites develop in first two weeks of flowering with 11/13 sorry for the error

5. I think general consensus is start 12/12 and go to 11/13 or more for the last 2/3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. The only (2) things I have ever seen when comparing 12/12 to 11/13 from flowering onset, is that 11/13 causes more stretching between bud nodes, and late developing bud sites.

7. I've turned on a few friends to the 11/13 flower cycle.
    We all have seen the same.
    Quality is up
    Lots of resin
    Finishes a little faster
    Yield is about the same
    12/12 is not a static thing.
    Peace

8. 11/13 has no effect on potency.

That being said, I've tried it before and it works fine. Saw no change tho, maybe finished just a tad faster, but such a small amount that I can't even be sure..

• Like Like x 2
  9. I did this on my last harvest.. Im happy with the results but they're no different than 12/12 bud In my experience..

Did finish about a week earlier though. :)

10. 13on/11off is a much better approach. Growth is directly tied to how much light you get. An hour more of light is like 8% more light over the course of a bud cycle. It's no surprise that would result in larger buds. Cannabis is a particular type of plant that doesn't need a dark cycle to grow. That's why it runs well with a 24hr veg. We just go with a 12 hour bud cycle because its safe to not turn the plant back to veg but 98% of plant will do just fine at 13/11 and they will have more light to make plant growing energy with. Light output is not only measured in wattage but in hours on per day.

The dark period does crap for growth. That's why 24 hour veg has been proven to grow faster.

I've seen a couple of threads talking about more light in the bud cycle and it inspired me. I've been running about 12 1/2 hours on 11 1/2 off for a few weeks and the plants seemed to respond positively with more growth.