11 leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bopmeeh, Aug 31, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

What do the different number leaves mean if anything?

This is my 3rd grow of superskunk. I was wowed when I noticed
    9 leaves last week, but I just noticed today that the new top growth
    is starting to have 11.

For my last grows, I've seen 3, and even 1 leafers that looked so funky, they looked like regular leaves from a tree, no ridges smooth on the edges. This only happened during veg though.

Any ideas?

2. This is perfectly normal. Plants add more leaves with age and the stop. Some strains will have 11(like yours) and 13 fan leaves.

3. when in the vegetative state, # of blades per leaf can vary from 5-9 is average, but some strains can produce even more im sure. ive read that when the # of bladesper leaf start to decrease, the plant is @ optimal size for max size bud production for that particular strain. So when you notice them start to decrease in #'s get ready for flowering.......Peace!

4. On my first grow I had one plant where the leaves seemed to add another pair of fingers for every new level of growth. It went 1, 3, 5, 7 and so on until the final leaves had so many that a couple of them had to grow perpendicular to the rest because there wasn't room.

That particular plant turned out to be male. Pity.

5. I counted a 13 a few days ago.

When they're that big, if it's within the first or last two weeks of the flowering stage, I usually cut them off. I trim heavily in the first two, then just get rid of the biggest in the last two (to expose more light).

I'm sure these many fingers, though, only exist on indicas. I've never seen a sativa with more than 7 I think.