11 Days Until Harvest!! 700+ True Watts LED Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420BongRips69, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you enjoy my work of care at a glance. There are several different strains in this grow for all your medicinal needs. Bomb diggity LED lighting going fairly hard and giving the ladies some nice juicy buds :) Everyone have a good day and stay safe and high :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. 700 'true watts' are basically drawing 700 watts from what I understand? What would be the HPS equivalent, just wondering.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You should drop all those bulbs. They compare them to incandescent bulbs on the box rating and that makes them sound good. They don't put out hardly any lumens. It appears you have an all red LED panel and a UFO round. You should invest in a mars 300 from ebay minimum to up your yield. I'm not trying to be offensive just trying to give you some advise to help you improve output. Those buds are the size of mine at about 3 weeks and I'm running 770 watts of LED.

Here's a 5 week pic. A little over 3 weeks to go.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. Damn lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. What strain is that looks like tga subcool querkel

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grand Daddy Purple.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Tbone Shuffle, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    The only bulbs worth buying are the 150 actual watt and higher CFL bulbs you can find at homedepot or other stores. Even then you're much better off with some of the cheaper led panels IMO. Those higher watt bulbs aren't that cheap by the time you by 2 or 4 of them. The lumens per watt is much lower than many panels. Cannabis is a light hog in flower. It can tolerate direct sunlight and loves it. Mars 300's are $69 on ebay.

I've found 400 and 600 watt hps kits with everything included on ebay for around $100-120. You really can't beat that for initial setup costs. The electric bill is a little higher but you'll have to spend 2-3 times as much at least to buy enough LED panels to equal a 600 watt hps. A veteran grower can easily yield 1 pound from a 600 watt HPS consistantly. How much are you going to yield with all those bulbs paying the electric bill for 700 watts to do so? It looks like under 3-4 oz's to me. That's being generous.

Not trying to be a dick the internet allows me to be honest though. You want your time to be worth the effort. I spend a good 30 minutes a day on my plants. That means in just a 2 month flower I have easily 30 hours into the garden. Even if you grow your own time is worth something, don't waste it with inferior methods when you could be cashing in for very minimal investment.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dam that plant is sexy lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Where did you score the seeds

10. I appreciate the feedback. Now, with my small LED bulbs, what do you know about these bulbs that compares them to incandescent? I seem to been having decent success with them as this is my 2nd grow with them. I've only just added the 2 LED panels recently, the UFO being put in at week 1 or 2, and the 1000w panel put in on December 31st, so you get an idea that if I had put them both in at the beginning of flowering up until now the growth would be a lot bigger like yours at week 5 perhaps. Now as far as the LED panels themselves, since I've put them in the room, I've noticed a huge acceleration in growth, the 1000w panel is probably running around at least 200-300 true watts which is decent for $95 gamble off eBay giving that it lasts a while, now the UFO is nice too running at roughly 135 true watts as it's 180 advertised (UFO was given to me for free so I took it, would I buy it? no but it's nice). The mars 300 and 600 are priced the same respectively, watts to dollar. As far as weight, I'm looking at 4-5oz at least from an upclose examination. I appreciate the constructive criticism, I learn something from it that you wouldn't learn from people always trying to be nice and sugar coaty.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I would agree with you on everything except the fact that you say HID lights can't be beat on a watt to watt basis. I believe LED's yield more GPW, IF the light penetration is optimal and compared to the same as an HID on a side by side basis. LEDs have recently been proven to yield better if you setup correctly AND you save a ton on the electricity bill. Now as for my yield, I've only just added these LED panels and UFO during flowering, 1000w panel was added December 31st, so you get the idea.

12. Yes. True watts means exactly that (self explanatory). HPS and LED are pretty close in comparison so I couldn't give you an exact number.

13. For 7 weeks and with 700+ true watts, I think you could have some nicer looking buds... utilizing your lights to grow 1-2 plants will yield you much better quality and quantity then trying to grow as many as you can cram in.

I'm using 400w HPS and 132w Mars LED, and my buds at 5 weeks are bigger denser, and covered in frost, like Tbone's GDP, we are both running same Promix. I love the HPS because it packs on the weight and density, while the full spectrum of the LED really brings out the resins. Stand alone HPS or LED can yield some impressive results, but combined you get unparalleled results.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've only recently added the powerful LED lights during flowering, a bit late for the buds to reach the optimal amount if I were to put everything in before or at beginning of flowering. I'm pretty happy with what I have and I will build upon this. I'm guessing my room is running between 500-700 true watts. I'm waiting for my electricity meter to come.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ah I c, next run should look much better then, running it from the start makes a huge difference haha.

GL man

16. Thanks bud, best of luck to you too! I'll check out your link in the signature :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Looking good bud. Glad to see some nice fall colors, too many overfeed up to the end! Going to be a nice smoke for sure.

Hey next time, think about shutting the fans off just for the video, it's a little irritating. Keep making videos though, you got the gift of gab, pretty good radio voice!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I run hid and led as I see the benifits of both. However don't fall for the lies and misrepresentation very common with led manufactures.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 Tbone Shuffle, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    That's not what I meant re-read it. What I was saying is HID's can't be beat watt for dollar in initial setup costs. Do some digging. You can find 600 watt vented hood HPS kits on ebay for $100-120. Digital dimmable ballast and hangers.

You simply cannot find 600 real watts of LED for anywhere near that price. Higher end LED's that yield are going to be close to $1 per actual watt. Some are way more than that. So you're talking about watt per watt minimum 3, 4, or 5 times the investment to compete or much more. That's where HPS's shine right now. Budget start ups. You could never get a decent yielding light in the past for $100. The LED hype has dropped the price on HID making it very tempting for the guy with not that much cash.

Spend $100. Put up with the electric bill for a couple of months and cash out. Use the profits to buy real LED lights.

It's debatable if lower end LED's actually yield more per watt than HPS. Some people have yielded well above 1g/watt with HPS. 3 and 5 watt diode based non cob LED's are maybe 25%-30% more yield per watt. You can't compare those LED bulbs to a mars/platinum panel watt for watt either. The only LED's actually beating HPS handily in g/watt are high end COB based LED fixtures like the ones that Amare and Timbergrowlights make. Until those have came around HPS was still holding it's own yield wise. People running all red panels and bulbs aren't smoking HPS in yield.

Don't assume your actual watts. The cheaper panels ratings and real watt numbers are all over the place. You can see in the video that your 1000w panel only has red leds. It doesn't look like 200-300 watts to me. My platinum p450 is 255 watts and it's much brighter. Plus it cost me $500+. The mars 300 is around 130 watts right now. Older models were 180 or something like that.

If you truly are running over 700 watts and your setup is decent by your logic since your LEDs yield way more than HID's you should be yielding about a pound and a half to 2 pounds considering how many watts you have. I only see about 10% of that maybe in the picture. I read that you haven't had them long. I wish you luck next crop.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks for the reply. I've been busy and unable to get on here until now. I do see a sense in sticking with HID lights if I have a low budget due to their ability to penetrate canopy and grow more yield for their power they give off at such a cheap price vs. LED lights until I have enough money to get real LED lights. I would love to continue after this harvest but I have to tear it all down and go dormant for a while as I am moving out by the end of this month or early next month. Great advice though I appreciate your informative perspective. I am also thinking about building my own COBB light fixture cutting down the cost but I will have to look up DYI videos as I am not a mechanic or a carpenter that builds shit lol, but I am a good learner. :D

• Like Like x 1