11 Days into flowering, still nothing (pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yeshli2nuts, Sep 25, 2008.

1. I started growing a plant with the intention of flowering it as quickly as possible. I read that you should veg for a minimum of 2 weeks so on the 14th day of 24/0 I started 12/12. The setup is a bagseed under two CFL's. The plant looks extremely healthy but there is still no sign of sex. I also changed the CFL overhead to a 3700K soft bulb (the other one is shining on the side with a regular CFL) Out of all the nodes theres just more leaves growing. Heres some pics of the plant, what do you think?

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Make sure that there is no light getting to the plant during its 12 off. Otherwise it wont flower. I mean 0 light. My plants just showed sex today, so far 1 male and 1 female and 1 still undecided but looks like it may be female as well. good luck

3. It will show eventually, patience young jedi.

4. I keep it in my room's closet. When the grow lights are on and my room lights are off and my closet door is closed, I can not see any light coming out of my closet. From this I can assume that when the grow lights are off and my closet door is closed, there is no light getting in. Correct?

5. If an experienced grower posted that, he/she was either talking about clones, or months.

:rolleyes:

I think you're wasting 30 - 50% of your veg lighting/growing time for the next 32 days or so.

6. You can grow a seed from start at 12/12, dont know what that guys talking about. of course your yield will be significantly impacted. Your plant will be smaller than its potential. Which is fine, you can still get a 1/2 oz to an oz if everything is done right. Hell my auto ak 47 just showed sex today. 1 female 1 male 1 still deciding. They are also on day 14 or 15. Im expecting about 2 oz per plant. but my setup is a 600w hps and i have the proper ferts

7. Have more patience with the CFLs
    Good luck

8. very true, your whole grow may take slightly longer due to your low power lights.

9. Yep, and you can hop up hills too, but you'll get there faster if you use both legs.

Do some research, or actually grow some plants to maturity, and then you might have an idea what I'm talking about.

Don't let ignorance stop you advising others though.

Oh! You're not. Jolly good.

10. keyword there is "auto". it's my understanding tha tmost auto strains can be grown at 12/12 from seed because they have been crossed somewhere with ruderalis genetics to cause them to flower at a predetermined point in their development, regardless of the light cycle.

so, sure, you CAN go 12/12 from seed, but if the strain isn't made for it, there's no telling what you'll actually get.

11. #11 ak_49, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
    correct, but my autos are on 20/4 and flowering. Its the recommended light cycle for this particular plant.

Some people grow 12/12 from start, any seed, its called sog, sea of green, some plants will react better than others with different cycles.

If you want immediate satisfaction, quicker yeild and tell what sex it is asap so you dont waste your time than 12/12 isnt so crazy after all.

Rabiez your retarded because i did add that the plant will be significantly smaller and not to its full potential. im not being ignorant. The truth is yes you can start a seed from 12/12, any seed. dont be an :devious:

My plants btw, other than my auto ak veg for 4 - 5 weeks before i put them under 12/12, you will get a significantly larger yield

12. It depends on when you want to flower.
    If the cotyledons have fallen off after two weeks you can flower.

13. No, it's not.
    SoG is the practice of filling a space with many small plants (usually clones) to keep veg times short, which is ideally suited to perpetual cycles.

Again, do just the tiniest bit of research and you'll avoid looking more foolish than you already do (if that's possible).

That's "you're retarded". :p:D

Yes you can, and by the time it's ready to flower a properly vegged plant would be ~30% bigger.

*Holds up mirror*
    *reports post*

:rolleyes: OK. If you say so. I disagree, but I'm not here to argue.

14. Alright so through all this arguing I got that with the CFLs, the flowering will take longer so I just gotta have patience. Another question, I don't have a timer so I've just been turning on and off the lights manually but sometimes I they don't get the same amount of daylight every day. Would this be ok, for example the schedule could go like this: 12 dark, 11 light, 13 dark, 12 light, 12 dark, 10 light, 13 dark etc. I make sure to give the plant at least 12 hours of dark a day but sometimes the lights on arent the same. Could this be slowing down the process too or does this not matter? Thanks for all the replies.

15. you need to wait a bit. you veg for so little of a time that the plant needs time to get to the flowering stage. next time if you have the space veg for a month. Its in dirt so it grows slower. If it was hydro maybe 2 - 3 weeks

16. :laughing: nice

17. #17 ak_49, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
    rabiez: my point was that it can be done. I didnt write on this post to be told that im ignorant. I am here to help another person out. just leave me alone please. your the one that started the bashing
    As for the light, my lamp currently is having issues starting the bulb. this past week i have been waking up and the lamp is off, unable to restart itself without me messing with it. I have been getting very irregular cycles of light this past week since my lamp is broken. My plants seem fine, and sexed yesterday, 2 girles 1 boy. Hope that helps. keep in mind my plants are auto, mabey that would make a difference, it could stress them out and slow their growth.
    you can get a timer at you hardware store for like 15 bucks. Just get one to make your life easier.

18. Well this morning, the 15th day of 12/12 I look at the plant and see a little ball at one of the nodes..:(:(:( I tried taking pictures of it but they all came out too blurry to see it. Hopefully its the way beginning of the female flower but after all the pictures online I've been looking at, theres a pretty low chance that its not a pollen sack. This is only a little fun project for me so the plan now is to give it a couple of days to make sure its a male then I'm going to veg it on 24/0 for a little while to get it a little bigger then try to make some hash with it. But maybe, just maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and see a white hair coming out of the ball.

19. Well after a couple more days, balls are growing everywhere and there are no white hairs:( I guess I'll just stress it for a few days so maybe it will produce a little thc then I'll go ahead and try to make hash. I'm so sad that my one healthy plant turned into a fucking guy. I think I'm gonna wait a while until my next grow because I've been telling a lot of friends about this and I get kinda paranoid about being caught so I'll lay low for a while now.

20. OK Rabiez i'm not here to argue either.
    Unlike a few people in this thread I assume that we've both grown quite a bit of crops to maturity...
    2 weeks was a little minimal as I review my post but I have flipped lights to 12/12 after 3 weeks of 24/7.
    I don't know why you assume that you're the only one who knows how to grow cannabis.
    Peace.