11,000 cash. what car should i get?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by laxcus27, Sep 28, 2010.

1. get something reliable comfortable and make sure its a good hotbox haha

2. yeah girl its quick not fast!! shit! xD

3. get something that a) you like, b) wont crap out, c) good mileage and d) less than $11k

4. That would be my choice right there. Can pick up a really nice one for $11K.

E36 M3 is cool too..
    E34 M5 too if you want some more room and burn the highway miles.

But in reality if you don't work on your own cars or have much knowledge or deep pockets. It's probably best to stay away from them all and pick up a Civic or Camry like the rest of the appliance drivers.

5. was able to get a 2010 Lancer, everying stock except for alloy rims. all for like 12 thousand

6. depends what youre looking for. Sporty cars, go for an rx8, bmw 1 or 3 series, a supra, civic si or an acura integra or rsx. Those are off the op of my head. The hondas/acuras will give you a lot for your money if you go for a slightly older, rebuilt, tuned and modded one. I mean make sure its no ricer, and has low miles and solid parts. Bimmers are also a good option, but they can be expensive on maintenance.

7. I'm a mechanic, and here are my suggestions:

Stay away from German cars, unless you are great with electrical work, or are willing to pay someone to do electrical work for you. Don't buy a 3-series, c'mon now.....

Stay away from Korean/ "cheap china crap" cars like Hyundai, Kia and Daewoo.

I like the idea of a WRX, make it a wagon though. That would be pimp. AWD, good in any weather scenario anywhere.

Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota and Honda are where it's at. Pass on the Spec-V, too many problems...clogged cats, butterfly screws coming loose and oil eating engines.

New Impala's suck. Sorry.

So my suggestions are:

WRX or WRX Wagon
    Mid/Late 2000's Civic SI
    Brand new Nissan Versa hatch if you don't care about speed and want a reliable brand new ride.

8. If it were me i would go with a 2002-04 Acura RSX type-s
    Those things pop like crazy and not very many people drive them, at least where im from.

9. Honestly dude, if I were you, I would keep saving. You're not going to get anything nice for 11,000. You might be able to get an average car, like a stock impala, impreza, or civic but you won't be able to get a nice one. No offense but nobody is going to be selling an actually NICE car for $11,000. Just remember, you get what you pay for. But if I HAD to get a car, and only had $11,000, I would get an old Mazda RX7.

10. amazasaur, you absolutely know nothing about car prices then. With 11k you have many choices to choose from, my mom picked up an '02 passat wagon vr6 4 motion for 7k with only 90k miles on it. Black on black, leather, with 20-25% tint all around, you can say this was quite the upgrade from our '99 legacy outback. Do your research before you go posting random things that you probably have no knowledge about, assuming that you drive a newer 35k bmw 3 series or something equivalent mr. i only buy expensive cars. K done ranting, some people need to learn how to make helpful posts. O yeah, and if you're going to bash me, i've already given the OP my 2 cents.

OP: besides a subaru, i'd take any vw with a vr6 like a mk4 golf or jetta. If you gave us a location i'd probably actually find some craigslist ads for you.

11. Probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard considering you can get a lightly used rx8 for just under 10k.

12. ^this,

13. why would you want an rx8? :confused:

14. It's more practical.

Lower maintenance, bigger back seats, newer.

15. You don't really need an 11k car, just remember that...

16. [​IMG]

End of story.

17. [​IMG]

Really? Cause most RX7s under 11k aren't mint condition 3rd generation sports packages. :p There isn't much that is special about the RX7s look, considering its one of the most generic body styles... ever.

The OP isn't even going to put it on the track so why even bother with an rx7 in the first place?

18. people, this guy is asking for something small that fits 4 people and he probably wants it to be semi practical, not a rotary powered mazda... not everybody is out to get a rare, fast, and hard to work on car. You guys apparently dont know the average life span of a mazda rotary engine especially those in the rx7's. They aren't known to be high mileage cars usually something malfunctions before the 120k mark. :eek: Lets get some insightful posts going on here...

19. In my opinion if your going to get a bmw, dont resort to an M3, im not dismissing the fact they are good however if you pay a little extra and get an Alpina version it will retain its value a lot, lot better. Besides this a mark 3 WRX is AWESOME! Hard choice you have on your hands my friend

20. Get something 5_0 would ignore:cool: