11,000 cash. what car should i get?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by laxcus27, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rreally likin the civic si

2. WRXs are awesome cars with a lot of bang to the buck, but the used ones at your price point tend to be modified/have a lot of (possibly hard) miles, making them prone to breakdowns, etc.

something like a civic si would probably be less likely to be driven as hard, so more reliable for the money. they're also cheaper so you could get a newer one

VW gtis are pretty good too, not quite the same kind of car though

3. If you want a pretty reliable but quick car check out the Nissan Sentra SER Spec V, its a little bit quicker than the civic but just as reliable and you can get a used one prolly for like 5-8k depending where you get it. Then spend the extra cash putting in a nice sound system and a few mods. But thats just my opinion :smoke:

4. Get a nice and clean Jetta or GTI, with some nice racing wheels and a few upgrades you'll have a reliable car and possibly even some money left over.

You can also check out some S4's or even an IS300/GS300...and of course a WRX would be really clean.

5. 2000-2004 LEXUS GS

tight ass car with a stylish look. not the newest bodystyle but you can still ride around lookin clean

stay away from Audi or VW. If you get one of these you ARE going to have to spend money to replace MANY things. trust me from personal experience

6. Then get an S.U.V or a truck. a sports car wont be so 'sporty' when you have 500lbs of extra weight to haul around.

7. for $11,000? really?

also, I bet someone would let you poop on their face for 11 grand. like maybe someone famous. just something to think about.

8. Uhh... what?

Since when was Lexus even comparable to Audi or VW?

Lexus is owned by toyota, and it's cars are basically toyota's with leather seats and a bunch of other luxury features that weigh the car down and force it to use a V8 to get even moderate performance... they kill you on gas.

They're nice, just different from Audis or VWs. VWs are generally affordable cars for lower incomes, though they have a couple nice performance options, and are owned primarily by Porsche.

VWs are DEFINITELY a nice buy, especially used. Very reliable, though any used car might need replacement parts.

Aaand I dont' know squat about Audis so you might be right there, lol. Just that they're german, and germans make great cars.

As for reliability, Hondas are good.

But be CLASSY! Get a 3 series BMW. Classy, always stylish, and leather. :) Also, very sporty, especially for a sedan. Just stay away from 318s and looks for a 328is...

9. Yeah, all of those vehicles are commonly available for 11k, usually less. Personally, I'd get a 328 or an m3 and save the rest for insurance costs.

10. hahaha yea man im gonna have to strongly disagree with the "very reliable" part about USED volkswagens. Ive had 2 VW's and my dad has had one. Ive also have a few friends that have VW's and they are the biggest money pits. Dont get me wrong though, i think they are really beautiful cars but they just arent as reliable as you think. Also, the repairs are extremely pricey.

As for Audi's, same manufacturer as VW and are a step up when it comes to class. The bad thing about having an Audi is the repairs are even more expensive that a VW.

11. Wha?! Really, thats so odd, cause everyone I know who has a used VW loves it... not the crappy new beetle or any of that, but like, jettas and GTIs and Golfs...

12. Nissan maybe an s13/14

13. Yea i had a Passat and then a Touareg that i just got rid of a few months ago.
    My dad had a GLI.
    My friend currently has a Jetta that is in and out of the shop.

all of these needed constant repairs.

14. yeah VWs are notorious for being money pits.

says the owner of a 24 year old bmw. :p

15. dude get an awesome leisure van if i could get any car it would be a leisure van well unless i could get the wild thornberries RV

16. Honestly I would get a nice cool looking efficient car for around 3-4k and have the other 8-7k for spending money. :)

17. then get a 77 dodge motorhome? >.>

18. i got a 06 chevy cobalt ss for 9grand..
    chick car, i know, but i am a chick.. so it makes sense. :rolleyes:

anyways just my two cents. i love my baby and she sure is fast.

19. quote edited for accuracy.

don't take it personally - but a 14 second car isn't "fast".

20. Saw OP was looking at the Civic SI, wouldn't be a bad call in the long run. Not what I would get, but definitely wouldn't be a bad call.