10k Car Budget

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by lemonindica, Nov 18, 2013.

1. I've seen a lot of threads like these but thought I'd make my own.

A little back story, had a big storm last night and a rather large tree found it's way onto my 2007 Impreza. Totaled, sad day. 

I'm getting 10 grand for the car, and am looking for something used within that budget. Preferably some what sporty, AWD would be nice since it's gonna start snowing real soon up here.

Even if your suggestions do not meet that criteria oncesoever shoot me your ideas. Thanks blades :smoke:

2. Damn I don't have any suggestions , but you can get a NICE ass car for 10g's. If I was you I would get one for around 5-6 grand and deposit the rest of the money in the bank incase of repairs which are inevitable.... Honestly you don't even have to spend 5-6 even..

See if you can get one in Florida.. no rust.. Mmm... So sexy

3. I'm in Pittsburgh man and need to cop a car soon haha., not sure if florida is exactly an option atm..

4. Haha damn. Craigslist is best bet if you can't travel out of the burgh.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ctd/4191215013.html

VW's are nice. Do you want stick or automatic?

5. Either or is fine with me, really no preference at this point. 

6. Honestly id just hop on craigslist/auto trader and find something you like 10k can get you quite a few cars. Just see whats available.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Subaru wrx Will do the job just fine

8. Nissan Silvia

9. These aren't the most ideal in the snow but get a Lexus ls430 for 7-8gs and then throw another 2k on coiovers and rims. There baller ass cars. I have a 99 ls400

10. #11 Puff That Stuff, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    With 10k you might be able to pull a WRX Sti. AWD, sporty, and turbo. I think yesSent from my Speak and Spell

11. not sure of your situation just throwing it out there. you can out a 2000 down payment on a lease, and find something under 250 a month, for a 3 year lease it would be give or take 8 grand. brand new car everything covered

12. this is a good idea, they say with used cars have ~30% on hand for repairs/getting it to where you want it. Lots of good cars can be had for 7-8 k.

I d stay away from a lease, thats 8 grand that after 3 years you have nothing to show for. Its really appealing on paper because you get a new car for 250 a month but in the end you lose.

yea you can just keep leasing tho, i lease and I'm very happy haha yu get a brand new car every 3 years

14. Used Nissan Titan or Silverado 1500.  2 great dependable trucks. Maintain them and it's the last vehicle you'll buy...