102 Watts CFL Cardboard Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Bladestar, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Thinking about starting 23/1 day 30 then slowly work down to 12 12

2. I water once every 2 days or so with a mist bottle till soil is good and wet, growth has been pretty consistent and steady they don't seem to be stunted to me. The first set of leaves are beginning to die off (the ones that are supposed to)

3. Might be just camera lighting then bro.safe

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can anyone else confirm they shouldn't be purpling a wee bit?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'll take em out for more pics [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nah mate that's definitely not nute burn, some seedlings can be purple its genetics.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Any input is more than welcome

• Like Like x 2
  8. You won't get purple from over feeding. When i think purple i think of two things: Genectics or P deficiency. I highly doubt it's genetics as i think you mentioned these are average quality bag seed. Plants are a little small to be showing a P deficiency but I guess it's not out of the question. Previously you mentioned having temp issues...moving the plant from a cool place to sitting on your warm Xbox repeatedly. Cooler temps and/or temperature fluctuations can cause leaves/stems to show purple. But on the other hand, they do look like they could be over watered and root rot has also been known to cause some purple colors.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hmm temps stay pretty consistent at 70-75 it's pretty cool in there, surprised they are being overwatered but I'll cut back some and see how they like it? Should I begin feeding 1/4 strength ? I'll be watching for more signs of root rot thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah from what I know but also only on my second grow. But yes looks a little heavily watered, you want to let the soil get a little dry especially on the top a little bit at least, they need cycles of dry/wet from my knowledge, chime in anyone if you know or heard otherwise! Good luck not too bad though!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yea you shouldn't be watering nearly as much as when they where younger. Not only should the top of the soil be dry but the bottom as well, this is where most people make mistakes. I don't think its root rot as you are still progressing, i could be wrong. My guess is its the temps dipping at night, this would explain why she seems to be stunted. The plant is focused on survival rather than growth, this is why you are noticing slow growth.

• Like Like x 4
  12. The unknown soil is probably playing its part in the slow progression as well, next pot size up i would definitely switch up soil mate

• Like Like x 5
  13. So guys soil doesn't smell and it this is after I watered about 12 hrs ago what do you think? She's grown another set of leaves over night! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] first leaves are almost dead now and steam isn't weak I'll begin feed on Monday for my most mature. Two [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. The purple makes it look beautiful

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ikr that's why I was so upset when I found out it might be a problem ;/

• Like Like x 1
  16. [​IMG]

Fed both plants 1/4 strength just now, I think I was under-watering because they seem to look better a few hours after water

• Like Like x 2
  17. Finally ordered me some FFOF and a 60watt 6500k Apollo CFL

• Like Like x 3
  18. I'd transplant into the foxfarm as soon as you get it tbf. You'll experience alot less symptoms with good aerated soil medium.Add more perlite to it if you're looking to get your money's worth. They would appreciate more light too,6400k when they're small/Veging, so I'd leave all the lights on.Glad your getting better medium though...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thx Optimus looking forward to your next grow bro! Dwc I hear?

• Like Like x 1