102 Watts CFL Cardboard Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Bladestar, Mar 16, 2016.

1. #21 Dr. Herb, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    I had my seeds germination in paper towel in a bag for a week nothing showed. When I put them in the darkness they still didn't germinate, so either seeds weren't mature enough yet, which I don't think is the case or something else happened with the light exposure. Also I would try wraping that cup in tinfoil to increase light reflection and paint that picture white or put tin foil over it as well. Best of luck m8!

like your setup, I plan on trying to get more bulbs in my box, as I only have one lamp to use atm.

:weed:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hey bro thanks for the input, and I have been subbed up to ur thread. You thinkin white paint over tin foil on walls? And I germinated in a cup of water for 24hr and saw taproot, transplanted to cup that's now wrapped in black tape and greenhouses the top. Hoping for sprouts tmw will update. Already gave my dealer a few dollars to keep a eye out for any more so if this somehow falls through its all good.

Cheers

114 Watts Micro CFL Cardboard

• Like Like x 1
  3. I personally like the white paint overall because it can easily cover more area than the tinfoil can. Specially when you use tape it takes some reflection away. I also find the white gives off a more of a glowing effect. However, even if tinfoil was scientifically proven to give more back than paint I can't use it because every time I check up on the grow the tinfoil is pretty loud which has me paranoid about "mom and sister upstairs" getting suspicious. My last micro grow was under the staircase in the basement in a dresser, she went looking for Christmas decorations and discovered my secret, and had to leave them with a buddy who didn't have much grow knowledge and killed all the plants.

This time I have made many improvements to my security and safety plans for the grow.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Flower is gone be a bitch man, old man lets me smoke in crib but I haven't exactly gotten around to telling him I got a op going on in my closet LOL. I'm lucky I keep my grow under lock and key 24/7, although don't think he would care to much anyway. Take it easy will think about converting to white paint

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah and so I have a backup plan. The season now seems to be springish, so when the time comes for stink I will just move it outdoors to flower if by that time I don't have a smell proof plan yet. I was going to use udon gel, or a carbon filter. Right now I have bare scented candles around. and your a lucky man lol. I get bitched at for smoking up in the garage.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yea I plan on dryer sheets over my soon to be installed exhaust, with coffee grounds sprinkled around box. I smoke in my room about two or three times a day, smells not that important but I'm kind about it if I can be.

• Like Like x 2
  7. That's smart, actually smell probably will never be a problem with all the smell control remedies used all at once. Plus my tree isn't going to be getting that big hence I started the LST training already before it even got it's first true leaves in.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ahh yes, I have been needing to take some time out my day to educate myself on low stress training. I know next to nothing about the subject, my last grow was completely organic and outdoor. You think it would be the smart way to go in this grow? Will I see better yield? I think I'm getting too ahead of myself it might be a male for all I know lmfao.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lst is the easier way of training. I don't know about yield, but it's a good way to keep it short

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  10. You will get more yield because the space will take longer to fill at a shorter height aswell. More space is filled with LST. Same thing here but I have a seedling that sprouted. The first one is most likely male. Only because the second one took much longer as females usually do. No way to tell for sure yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. @Dr.Herb @BenDoverrr Thanks guys, I'm leaning towards attempting lst once I learn more, sounds beneficial for my box. Take it easy blades, really praying for sprouts tmw.

• Like Like x 2
  12. No problem man. Lst really isn't that hard, but may seem like a bit much. I just Layed mine down and put a twist tie in the cup to hold it in place

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  13. #33 Dr. Herb, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    LST is simple I just used a paperclip to hold it down while it was sprouting, once it had its own 4 leaves i took a toothpic and dug down a bit. From the early LST the stem was in a circular form and buried it down in the hole. Now it looks like the leaves are growing out of the soil. In a week or two I might have to practice the LST once again the maintain low height. Once it gets to bushy to keep pinned down Ill raise my light bulb and begin using soft string (to be gentle on the fragile branches).

Careful because if you start LST to late it may hurt your plant wheb you try to bend it, I'm literally training it to stay short and grow in circles instead of straight up.

Np for the info btw I want to see yours succeed just as much as my own ;)

I'm not at this step yet, but this is basically what it will be like if you want to start later. I havn't seen anyone do this from seedling before, so Idk 100% sure if it's the best. And My second seeling that just sprouted yesterday will be stumped soon in the small egg cup I have it in. Hopefully a stumped plant from early is better than LST. I will let you know when I find out.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Guys emergency D; cup knocked over, looked to be a seed just above soil before tipped over but now the seed came off and there was a sprout but since it was knocked over I had to replant. You blades think she will survive she's under 50 watts right now

114 Watts CFL Cardboard Journal

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Dude that's jokes! I pray for it. I think she's fine.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You should swap them out of clear pots as the light will affect the roots.

Sent from my E2303 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Or put black tape around the cups.

Sent from my E2303 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1