100w Micro Grow/CFL/Cabinet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by thatsnickle, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Hey GC. Starting my second grow today. Had two seeds ready planting and put them in an organic potting mix that I mixed myself. I'm growing up 100w of CFL. I know that isn't much but I'm only planning on growing one at a time. Hobby grow is all. Ill try to get pictures up today and weekly from here on out. Lemme no whatcha think.

2. Alright GC. Now that im on a computer i can give you a little bit more information about my grow. I used a kitchen cabinet that i had and left one shelf inside to divide it up. Up top i have a 6 inch enhaust fan, im not sure the CFM but i know its enough. For the intake, there is a 4 inch by 4 inch passive intake. For now, there is 100 watts of CFL. i want to put a little higher wattage bulb in there, But its what i had. I just planted two random seeds today, Sep. 27. I hoping to get one lady out of the deal. My actual plan is to get a clone soon, but i really wanted to have something growing. I mixed my own soil, good top soil, perlite, and organic mix. Just testing this box out, i hope to have some sprouts soon!

[​IMG]

3. #3 thatsnickle, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    Ahh Hey GC. Im back to a computer with some more pictures and an update of the grow. Currently today, October 2, my two ladies are looking great. Both sprouted and are working on there first set of leaves. I dont have up to date picture of the actual plants but ill get them on tonight. I do have a few more angles of the box and the sprout photos. Some input on the box would be great, lemme no what you think. Any insight, even bad, is good. So on to the photos!

Below: My exhaust fan. Its a six inch inline, moves a lot of air.
    [​IMG]

Below: My two little ladies, i have them as close as i can get them to the CFL
    [​IMG]

Below: The next to images are both sprouts trying to shake there helmets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Alright. So far so good, both of the sprouts are well on the way. Here is an updated picture..

[​IMG]

5. Hey GC. Its day five and i believe they are looking healthy. I know im going to have to tame my lady and train her in some way. If anyone has any input on with method would be best i would love to hear it. Here are a few pictures. ... Also no matter how many times i flip the first picture it still shows up this way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]